Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:49 pm 

We own and shoot occasionally. I think it's time we learn more. What is a good deal for the Concealed Carry class? We have all the equipment needed. Joanne and I are ready for the course. What would you folks suggest? Is there a particular range or instructor?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:23 pm 

quip000 wrote:
We own and shoot occasionally. I think it's time we learn more. What is a good deal for the Concealed Carry class? We have all the equipment needed. Joanne and I are ready for the course. What would you folks suggest? Is there a particular range or instructor?

I found a new gun store and these guys are very professional

Davidsons Firearms
10890 S. Eastern Ave Suite 103
Henderson,NV 89052

http://www.davidsonsfirearms.com

I dealt with Ben S.
He was knowledgeable and friendly .... prices at the store were reasonable

They offer CCW class`s ... also renew CCW for current guys n gals and they offer Training
to qualify they take you out in the desert to shoot to qualify
i like that idea because it`s not in a sterile environment of an indoor shooting range.

the fee was reasonable and they offer UT and FL non resident cards ( Highly Recommend )

; )

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:50 pm 

I highly recommend 3 Dot Sight Group. Eric is a friend and co-worker, and I've gotten a lot of training through him. He actually has a class this coming weekend, Nov 21st. Mention me, JeepinJoe, and that you are a Backroader, and sign up, and he'll give you a discount. I let him know you are interested.

He holds his classes at the Clark County Shooting Park on the Education (private) side, so there is a lot more you can do. He covers all the necessary material as well as things other CCW classes don't give you. Plus, he will help you with stance, grip, and give you more one on one time if needed. He's an awesome instructor.

Go to the link below and check him out. Oh, and if you cannot make it this weekend, there will be others coming up. :mrgreen: His cell number is 702-525-5228 if you would like to call him with any questions.

3 Dot Sight Group Event

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:02 pm 

Check out the classes held by Maggie and her Husband Ken - I used them to renew my CCW. They were professional and reasonably priced.
http://www.ccwmaggie.com/#!about/cjg9

'85 CJ7, GM 5.3 V8, NV4500 5 Speed, Dana 300 TC, Dana 44's Front & Rear W/4:27's & Detroits, Warn 8274 winch, engine driven welder & air compressor. Psalm 20:7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we will trust in the LORD our God.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:41 pm 

Don't know if you've had the class or not, but I would recommend going to The Gun Store at 2900 E. Tropicana Ave. In Las Vegas. The class is free and the only cost is for the range and ammo when you qualify. I've been going there since 1995, when I got my first permit.

John. 8)

NBSC
NBOFC
NBORV

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:49 pm 

quip000 wrote:

There is also Front site in the outskirts of Pahrump.. They offer civilian classes 1, 2, 4 day classes in everything from room clearing, to engaging a situation from within a vehicle.. I do believe they no longer offer the shooting from a Helicopter. They are touted as a training ground for LEO's and Military personal alike (Hard to tell the difference anymore anyway but) they offer Handgun, rifle, and shotgun classes, certifying over 200,000 people a year.

http://www.frontsight.com/

1 Front Sight Road
Pahrump, NV 89061

Phone (inside the US): 800.987.7719
Phone: 702.837.7433
FAX: 855.271.0852
Email: info@frontsight.com

They offer quite a bit but dont limit yourself to just one person(s) knowledge or training, explore and take all you can from all.