Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:44 pm 

A thought provoking article I thought worthy of sharing..

"In light of recent tragic events, it has me pondering a simple question. If I come into contact with an active shooter, should I engage him or not? Notice how I said should I engage not “would” I engage. As far as that question is concerned I don’t know. My testosterone-fueled ego wants me to say yeah I would, but to be honest I have no idea. I have had no formal training and have never been in a combat situation before. I have no idea how I would handle that type of adrenaline.

So I made a pros vs. cons list to better help my mental thought process. The one pro of engaging an active shooter is the possibility of halting their progress and saving lives. This is obviously a HUGE pro and a very selfless act because of the potential for you to be killed in the process. It might also distract the shooter from other innocent bystanders and give the police the ample time they need to arrive on the scene. For some, this alone may be enough reason to engage a mass a shooter.

As far as cons are concerned, I had come up with many more than I had anticipated..."

https://www.tyrantcnc.com/blogs/blog/would-you-engage-an-active-shooter-1?mc_cid=2323cecb43&mc_eid=c18d96da06

"You're right, there is no "I" in Team But there sure is in Independence, Individuality, and Integrity.."