Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CB repair
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:48 pm 

his name and cb name is Johnny B Good he works out of the flying J on cheyenne av and losse rd on ch 19 cell number 702 521 0854...he drives an old brown motor home with a big white whip ant, he checked over my system we went to flying j and got what I needed and he installed it took my radio apart and made some changes and only charged me $30.00 I was really impressed so if anybody needs there cb turned up give Johnny B Good a call and stop by my system has never worked so good :lol:

NBRR / NBMC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:09 pm 

Hey Stan...just wondering what was wrong with your radio and what he did?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:23 am 

with my radio I was having problems getting out, for my christmas present I bought a power booster so John put on a new antenna coax ajusted every thing even took apart my radio and made so changes installed my booster my system has never worked so good I live at nellis and stewert and I can talk to drivers at the Flying J

NBRR / NBMC

Post subject: CB guy
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:30 am 

John is the best man...He has always had my business.

Guaranteed satisfaction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:01 pm 

Strike while the iron is hot!

I just got finished doing business with Johnny, too. My cable was shot - he said all the flexing and off roading can cause frays along the line - and interfere with clear transmission/reception - so he replaced the entire line from radio to antenna. Plus my radio got a much needed tune-up after almost 4 years of use. He is very nice to work with - I can't want to try my CB radio out on the trail! (Maybe I'll start paying attention to you guys) Since I got so much done, it cost me $60.

so - my advice...

Any body who wants their CB radio checked out, or installed, or updated because you can't hear or be heard - whatever - Johnny is the man to see. There doesn't seem to be any other game in town right now for CB radios. Stan posted his number already-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:05 pm 

did Mark from Karl's CB bounce? :?:

ɹǝʌo ǝɯ ןןoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

JJ wrote:
did Mark from Karl's CB bounce? :?:

Mark is still around. He now works mobile. He will come to you. I'm not sure when he is available, as he works a regular type of job also.

Rubicon Bob
Club President
Rescue Ranger
NBMC / NBCC
03 Rubi/2017 Grand Cherokee
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition

Post subject: Johnny B
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:58 pm 

Hi all -
I had Johnny B Good install and work on my CB. $40 for the install. Now, because I didn't really know what to, it was worth it. However, now that I saw him, I could do it. In fact, the problem I did have was that he didn't really install anything except drilling holes in my Jeep for the antenna , which is perfectly fine. My issue with his install came with the power unit. He didn't. He just laid it there - letting a couple Jeep wires hold it in place and the first bump would knock it loose. So when I got home I had to place it under the carpet. I then had to move the cable from the antenna to the power under the carpet along the inside of the Jeep. Again, because I didn't know the connection to the fuses, I have to say the $40 was worth it. But really, I wouldn't recommend the installation.
However, I would recommend the modification to the unit. He normally charges $30 but with the install $20. The power output was 4 amps from the handheld Cobra ST75 unit that I have. He was able to modify it to 20 amps (or whatever they are officially called). That was really worth it. He said that it should increase the range from the normal 2miles to about 10 or so.
He also sold me an antenna for $20 with the brace. it's a 5' antenna and I felt that was a good deal. So in all, I do believe it was worthwhile - but if you're at least a little mechanically inclined, I'd install it yourself.
Hope this is helpful to any others.
Issak