Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:56 am 

Hello folks,

I just wanted to share with you some product info I have learned when researching the restroom options on the trail. One of the two of us had mentioned how when wheeling the bathroom option was very difficult. The splash factor was the big issue, but the entire "just go behind that rock" issue was discussed. I searched for options, I wanted minimum overhead and maximum benefit and ease of use.

We decided on the Bumper Dumper ( http://bumperdumper.com ) because I have a hitch reciever and the product looked good. I even contacted the company and was interested in becoming a dealer. When in Texas, where they claim they make the bumper dumper, I wanted to come by their place and talk, see things and buy some, but they really dodged me. I was surprised and decided to not pursue the dealer option.

The bumper dumper itself is decent. I did some mods to make it easier for us. Modified the seat to just go on quick and stay in place instead of using the plastic bolts which attach the seat to the commode or in this case, the black frame. I also got rid of the lid. (Below is a few photos . . if I can figure out how to upload pictures...). The hitch's seat frame fits under back seat and is bungee corded in, the modified seat is in a discreet black attache case.

Pictures: https://goo.gl/photos/EFTfFu9j2drSELqW8

(note: it is actually VERY rarely utilized but it's being there makes all the difference)