Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Volunteers
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:43 pm 

I know I have been a member of questionable standing this past year, but I have a reason.
I was looking for a way to apply my back country driving and Ham radio skills. And the Sherriff's Jeep pose went away long ago.
I Joined Red Rock Search and Rescue in March and have been busy ever since.
Which brings me to today and some phone calls. I am being tasked with re-establishing the 4x4 transportation capabilities for Red Rock SAR. I see some meetings in my future :roll: . This team will consist of RRSAR members and Resource members. Resource drivers will be asked to assist with back country transportation or transport in general when you are called for. Resource members do not have to ground pound or hike. This is an on call as required kind of volunteer and other than training we don't get to pick the where and when. As Volunteers none of us are forced to do what we are not comfortable with or trained to do. Resource members will not be asked to train to the level of the ground pounders but will be asked to attend some minimum training with the team such as map and compass reading + GPS (we use Military Grid), first aid CPR, Radio Coms. I will have a full list at the first orientation meeting. Many expenses are tax deductions. Resource members are allowed to attend any training offered by the team if you are interested in going further. I have no doubt you guys can teach RRSAR a few things in the 4x4 area as well.

The team's priorities are Family, Career Then SAR and the focus is always on the missing person, not US or ME.

So here's the thing. You like dirt. You hate free time and weekends right? Love long periods of boredom with spurts of activity? Just kidding....sort of

If you are interested or just want to donate please check out the website.

http://redrocksar.org/

If you are willing to give up some free time to help out whenever you can, are willing to attend min training and go on call then fill out an application and somewhere on there say Nevada Backroaders or 4X4 Resource. When we have a list (after the holidays) we will set up an orientation on a Saturday to go over the team and what is asked of you. Be patient, it will take some time to get everything 4x4 up to speed and stay in compliance with our agreements with Metro etc.

http://redrocksar.org/join-the-team/

Thanks,
Justin Barker
RR333
SARTech II
Red Rock Search and Rescue

I'm not stuck, I'm providing recovery training opportunities!

Post subject: Re: Volunteers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:24 pm 

Ok folks, Going to start working on this RRSAR 4x4 project now that things are quieting down. If you are interested please join us. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:28 pm 

I can help from time to time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:37 pm 

The more the merrier. please sign up on the RRSAR website. I hope to have a pool to call on so at least a few are available.
I am reviewing the team's 4x4 SOP, then will set up a meeting for members and resource members to go over the SOP and requirements. Backroaders already meet most requirements as the SOP was written by an off road community member. After, that I plan on getting some folks stuck out at logandale trails. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:47 am 

Justin wrote:
The more the merrier. please sign up on the RRSAR website. I hope to have a pool to call on so at least a few are available.
I am reviewing the team's 4x4 SOP, then will set up a meeting for members and resource members to go over the SOP and requirements. Backroaders already meet most requirements as the SOP was written by an off road community member. After, that I plan on getting some folks stuck out at logandale trails. :twisted:

Justin

i may be interested....
can we meet up on your day off so we can over all the details before i commit.
i have some ongoing feet issues and I want to make sure that would not be a problem

my have my number in FB messenger....

mac