Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hiya all!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:41 pm 

Just so you all know I haven't died or dropped off the face of the planet or anything.

Right now I'm trying to get the last few parts I need to finish my 231 swap, and until I do I'm stuck in 2wd. Plus my jeep is in the shop getting it's new lift installed over at Scorpion Offroad. So when I do come back I'll be sitting a little higher and have a little more ground clearance. That means that little incident a few months ago where I went over a dirt mound to find a concrete block on the other side, well I guess that was like Mar/apr time frame, won't happen again /evil laughter ensues.

Oh um Yeah I hope to be back out with you guys next month. I do plan on being at SCAR and Hump & Bump November 6th so if any of you are there keep an eye out for me ;)

Post subject: Re: Hiya all!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:52 pm 

Well the WJ is almost ready for off-road use again.

Wed it gets a 4 wheel alignment.
Thu it gets the new exhaust, TC swap, and axle side control arm gussets/skids done
Fri I'll open up the tent to air it out and make sure everything is properly lined up
Sat is Halloween
Sun is the R Jeeps meet (there is talk about having an RTI ramp so hopefully I can flex out the new lift)
Mon and Tue I'll be doing some light wheeling to help settle the springs
Wed through Fri will be additional tuning of the suspension
Fri through Sun is Hump and Bump and SCAR (Scorpion Vegas Offroad, Customer, Appreciation, Run)

So how much has the WJ changed since you all last saw her? Well here's a pic from the build page on Facebook ;)

Oh and I need a Spartan Locker rebuild kit. Still works just doesn't always unlock properly and makes a lot of noise now as it engages and disengages on the road. But that's 20$ plus diff fluid to fix /lol

Post subject: Re: Hiya all!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:18 pm 

Well alignment shop said it would be more than just a regular alignment as the axles need squaring and centering. So I'm doing that myself. Messed up the schedule but I'm working to get her done. Can't wait to go out with you all again.