Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:54 pm 

This past weekend, a group from Sin City Jeeps ( not to be confused with Sin City Wranglers), destroyed a structure near Goldmine Trail. These geniuses, including some club leaders, created a video along the lines of "Winch Testing." Do the math.

When the video was found last evening, the issue blew up overnight and through the morning. The RJeeps group took the lead and identified the criminals, and is continuing dialogue with them and apparently the BLM. One of the leaders did apologize immediately, although he did not participate in the destruction, he was nearby and at least partially aware and might have been able to intervene, but did not. Another leader posted the video, a friggin Boy Scout Camp Counselor actually operated the winch on his Jeep to destroy the structure (I believe it was a tower). Fun times by all. The video was pulled early this morning when the criminals started feeling some pushback.

Interestingly, as this developed over the morning and early afternoon, a third group, "It's a Jeep Nation, Nevada" started booting members when they started discussing the destruction, and booted one person who stated if they cannot discuss trail protection and vandalism, please kick him out. They did.

So, while we might think every club is united to protect our hobby and the trails, clearly some less desirable people still wander the off road trails in their Jeeps, mindless of their impact.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:22 am 

Quote:
Desert Wranglers

Over the weekend there were members of another club that destroyed historical structures. This will not be tolerated. We are here to have fun and to preserve our area. Anyone doing this intentionally will not be part of Desert Wranglers

i got this from the club pres yesterday... word is getting out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:01 am 

In any organization or groups of same, unfortunately there will be idiots. We must stop them, but lets not let it ruin what we have. We must bind together to stop this so we can save our favorite past time. The People Haters already think we are a bunch of red neck assholes. Lets NOT prove them right.
ps: I call the Tree Huggers People Haters because I LOVE trees. Those people want every body to stay away from nature (except them). They hate people. Simple)

"Zeek, I don't think we're in Kansas any more"
"If I only had a brain"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:51 pm 

Here is a Jeep tree hugger a-hole from last weekend...not sure how long the link will be valid, this is in TN, and they took great offense to it in the state..after the initial folks celebrated the image a bit. Makes me crazy. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:41 pm 

I brought up this issue and about how the admins were booting people from IAJN Nevada in the IAJN parent group.

Less than 30 minutes later I was booted.

So IAJN apparently supports ignorance instead of educating people on how to wheel responsibly.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:52 pm 

Very sad, all around.