Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:48 pm 

Looking to get a new top for my '97 jeep wrangler. What's your opinions on this top?
http://www.quadratec.com/products/11119_1115_07.htm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:41 pm 

What exactly are you trying to do, Brandi? Replace your whole factory soft top or find something with less holes, rips, and tears?? The reason I ask is there are a few soft tops for sale on Craigslist. I see them listed all the time. If you were just wanting to replace the factory top, minus the metal frame work, then I'd look there first. If you just wanted a new, cooler looking top, personally I like Bestop. A good quality top that will last. You can find the same tops cheaper than at the place you listed. Shop around for the years 97-06 I think will work.

When I got my Bestop, I found it online and at a great price. Even a distributor/friend of mine couldn't sell it to me cheaper without him taking a hit on the price. Shop around and compare brands.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:18 pm 

Hey Joe
decided i wanted to get rid of my crap bikini top and put more of a full top on it. I got rid of my side rails so i know that the rampage works with out those rails. This looked like a decent priced top to replace it with. Found it on Amazon for pretty cheap.
I want to still be able to take off the sides and still have a "bikini" type top. I like that you can tuck the windows away as well in case it rains they are right there for quick access.
Where did you find yours?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:53 am 

If I remember correctly, I got a smoking deal through 4 Wheel Drive Hardware back when I bought mine. I would just make sure what you're buying has all the hardware you'd need to put it on. Since I had a hard top and not a soft top on my Jeep, I had to purchase the top that had the bows and brackets for it to work. It was a complete kit.