Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:17 pm 

I know its a long shot but in may of 96 my family was on a run with another club ( vegas valley 4 wheelers ) and i think it was a poker run. My dad rolled his bronco on the back side of sunrise mt. Does anyone have any recall of this? his name is Joe we were on the run with grizz who drove a old white suburban and jack who drove a black jeep. along with others i was just a kid when this happened. Any info would be awesome thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:32 pm 

The only one I recognize is probably jack Ross. I think his old cj was black. He's still around and we'll mention it to him when we see him again.

Rescue Ranger
NBCC
NVMC
NBROC founding member
NBSC
NBZORT Unit # 1
702-595-6213

https://apathetic-wealth-3217.glideapp.io/

http://www.expeditionportal.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:11 pm 

Yes jack was there I rember after the run everyone went to his house for a BBQ and after my dad and brother ( they were the only two that were in the bronco ) went to the hospital to get checked out we went there to and the club members were very helpful and they even put the bronco on a trailer and took it to our house. All the neibors honestly though we didn't survive the bronco only had the stock roll bar which of course didn't hold up and the bronco crushed like a can

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:27 pm 

Hey scuba steve!My name is Joe.I'm the one that roll the 79 bronco down the back side off sunrise mtn.I was helping jack put on his annuel fox hunt with the vv4w's.Peckwood(his screenname fits him well)is my youngest son.I seem to remember you.But back then i think you were vv4w member.I was a member of vv4w's from 1991 til at least 2002.I also was a member of nevada backroaders from the start ,With Dave and max.I also was one of the first to do the Ely weekend with Dave and Max,Mickey and Townie Goodwieller,Robin Haywood.Some of the old offroad friends were Jack and Mary,Cowboy,Dick,John,Robin,Doug,Big Al.(Left out last names.)And more i can't think of.Was also a member of nevada fourwheel drive asociation when i believe Mickey and Dick started it also.I now live in Bakersfield,CA. When and where are the club meetings.Mabey the next time I go back to Vegas,I stop by for a sit. Just a little history! PS. I f you see Jack let him know i said hi.It sure has been a long time,with lots of good memories. Thanks Joe! :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:54 pm 

Hi Joe,

I've been off and on with vegas valley since 1988 when I used to drive a ramcharger, so I'm sure we've done some runs together. I remember quite a few of the names you mentioned. I've been a member of Nevada Backroaders since 2003 when I went with Mickey on one of their runs. I used to work on a ranch in Cuyama which isn't too far from you now but that was back in the 60's. Learned to drive a stick on an old Willys station wagon while I was there. Let me know when you're in town again. We probably will recognize each other.

Rescue Ranger
NBCC
NVMC
NBROC founding member
NBSC
NBZORT Unit # 1
702-595-6213

https://apathetic-wealth-3217.glideapp.io/

http://www.expeditionportal.com