Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:28 pm 

I wanted to pass along some kudos to Smittybilt for stepping up to the plate and fixing an unfortunate situation. Months ago, I bought a Smittybilt IRack for my gas can. Apparently, my Smittybilt rear bumper was defective, because the extra weight of the rack and gas can caused the tire carrier to bend backward, breaking the weld between the carrier and the bumper. Darrell and the others at Ted Wiens (I can't say enough good things about these guys - they truly rock), tried their darndest to fix it, but it still kept tipping back. So, Smittybilt sent an entirely new bumper, free. Still, with the attempted repairs and such, I was into this thing for a good sum of money. I talked with Smittybilt on the phone (they were very cordial), and they offered to either (1) cut me a check for the money, or (2) give me an exceptional discount on any of the stuff that they sell (amounting to about twice the money I spent on the bumper). I opted for the discount, because I had been eying their GEAR seat covers for some time. It took a little while to get everything understood and worked out, but in the end, Smittybilt was more than willing to fix their mistake, and to do so in a more than generous fashion. As for the IRACK, with a few tweaks, it works great. And the seat covers are awesome. So, just passing along the story.