Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:39 pm 

Well I have been a happy owner of my jeep for quite some time now, today the cards came down to it and while stopping in to talk to the guy at the dealer who sold me my jeep a truck caught my eye. I have always been a truck enthusiast as i have always been somewhat of a cowboy. Since i bought the jeep i put a lot of work into it, thus making the jeep comparable in value to this truck. so, straight trade later, im the proud owner of a truck that has been a dream of mine for a long time.

So to the members, i have never been on a run with the club, i have my dues to become a member ready to go for the run later this month. But, i now drive a dodge diesel 2500 4x4, extended cab long bed. I'm essentially looking for a unanimous yes or no as to if i should stay away from the runs. the truck is a lil older, but runs clean and smogs with no problems.

I hope I am still able to participate as i STILL havent gotten the chance to! But i understand that having a bigger/louder truck may bother other members on the run. Feedback please, either way you are all wonderful people, and if any of you ever need something hauled or towed, im your guy!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:27 pm 

:D I don't believe your likely to find any true vehicle snobs in this group, you may run into some friendly banter, amongst the Jeep owners, about ROUND vs. square headlights, but all of my runs with them have been in a 2wd Ranger, while my Jeep has sat lonely and ignored in my garage, THE BACKROADERS ARE GREAT PEOPLE, their runs rate what vehicles can manage any posted run, and if you have any doubts, a PM is likely to result in a quick response, in my experience, the Backroaders are INclusive not EXclusive, Good people, through and through. :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:48 pm 

You might have issues with being full size on a few runs, but as long you don't mind desert pin stripping you'll be okay on probably 99% of the "club runs". I run my F-150 on quite a bit of stuff with little issue other than pin striping, as have other trucks in the past. It's some of the "fun runs" that you might not be able to do due to your size. Unless body damage isn't an issue with you.

Worse case, down the road you could pick up a beater trail rig and tow it with the new truck for the stuff you can't do with the Dodge.

And like Scott said, there's no brand hierarchy in the NBR's.

1978 IH Scout II Lifted, locked, blah,blah,blah.
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Her car.
1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:48 am 

Well a few bottles of touch up paint never hurt anyone! It has plenty of ground clearance. im gonna try to get a CB hooked up soon.

Anyone see a problem with bringing her out to Titus canyon?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:35 am 
Site Admin

it'll be fine on titus.

NVBROFC
Re-located from my beloved Mojave to Texas. Where did all the mountains go???

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:12 pm 

I don't see a problem as long as you are aware of it's strengths and weaknesses. Titus is ok.

I'm not stuck, I'm providing recovery training opportunities!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:21 pm 

thanks guys i really appreciate it. i love being off road and im happy that a switch in vehicles wont be hindering that to much! I just gotta get a hold of another CB and i will be at Titus!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:44 pm 

If you don't get a CB before Titus, I think I have a spare or two you can borrow.

"Zeek, I don't think we're in Kansas any more"
"If I only had a brain"