Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dirtbikers?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:14 pm 

hey everyone! just wanted to check and see if there were any dirtbikers in the club. I am a rider and im looking for anyone that goes down to boulder city motocross to ride. Would like to get together for a day at the track sometime!

Post subject: Re: Dirtbikers?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:07 pm 

i ride a 97 banshee. i wanna get a dirtbike someday.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

feels like i havent been on a dirtbike since mose's parted the red sea. :lol: i blasted around the mojave on one way back in the ate 60's and early 70's. since i've had the jeep i've returned to places i flew thru at 40+ mph then and seeing what i missed while going 20 mph. it's nice 8)

NVBROFC
Re-located from my beloved Mojave to Texas. Where did all the mountains go???

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:53 am 

Kelly and I ride dirt bikes and would be more than happy to go riding with you! Kelly usually races desert (MRAN) but has taken the last couple seasons off. Do you like riding out in the desert or do you prefer track?

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:15 am 

K&TBaetz wrote:
Kelly and I ride dirt bikes and would be more than happy to go riding with you! Kelly usually races desert (MRAN) but has taken the last couple seasons off. Do you like riding out in the desert or do you prefer track?

i have always been a track rider, i rode in the desert out here in pahrump and i cant stand it! :lol:

I started riding tracks when i was lil and have done that since. Only raced a couple series, more just for fun/sport.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:51 pm 

Haven't been to the Boulder City Motocross track yet, but would like to go! The only track I have ridden at is down in Searchlight and that was for a couple of desert races that started there. Let me know, I would be more than happy to get out there! Lately I've been riding up near Lone Mountain and back up through Nelson. -K

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:19 pm 

K&TBaetz wrote:
Haven't been to the Boulder City Motocross track yet, but would like to go! The only track I have ridden at is down in Searchlight and that was for a couple of desert races that started there. Let me know, I would be more than happy to get out there! Lately I've been riding up near Lone Mountain and back up through Nelson. -K

Sounds good! i havent been there either just drove by it a few times and it looks like a pretty good place! the only other track i know of is in sandy valley, but all the videos of that track look a little bit intense :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:58 am 

I'm not sure if it's open to the public, but there's a track off the Kane Springs road off US93 going to Alamo. IIRC it's called Rainbow Canyon even though I don't think it's anywhere near it. I'm sure someone in MRAN would know more about it, especially Zach.

1978 IH Scout II Lifted, locked, blah,blah,blah.
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Her car.
1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:29 am 

I don't know of the one on the way to Alamo, but we've done several races in Alamo and no one has ever mentioned it. Huh, guess I better check it out.
Yeah, I'm friends with the owner of Sandy Valley MX. I'm a little too old for intense :lol: , just looking for a fun ride!

George Carlin