Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:02 pm 

I've searched like crazy but can't find the answer and I can't get the maps in the "trail resource guide" to download. Can someone give me directions to the trail head of the "Bowl trail" out in logandale? I went out and found the main logandale loop once before but just ended up on a bunch of whooped out sand. Didn't really find any named off shoot trails.

Last edited by UofA_Xterra on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:52 pm 
Site Admin

there are no signs or trail markers for the bowl trail and it's not actually in the logandale trails complex. as you drive north on I15 after passing the moapa travel plaza but before the glendale off ramp is the ute exit. exiting at ute you follow the old blacktop kind of east towards a big cut in the california ridge. once thru the cut you continue on the main trial and you'll notice a small ridge on the left running north and that's the start of the bowl trail. from there it wanders around and is very hard to loose. it continues north and the enterance into the actual "bowl", which is so named and shows on topo maps. it's really hard to give turn by turn diretions as i depend more on visual signs and markers once i'm out there. i do have it saved as a gps track for a magellan meridian if you happen to be using that unit. good luck and be safe.

NVBROFC
Re-located from my beloved Mojave to Texas. Where did all the mountains go???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:07 am 

The Bowl Trail is really easy to find - Just register for the Hump & Bump and signup for the Bowl Trail Run :idea:

The trail has been marked. In preparation for the Hump & Bump carsonite trail markers have been installed and several of them have been labeled with the trail names.

As Brad said, take the Ute exit. After you go through a washed out section of the road as it cuts through a pass you'll see a dark ridge extending north. There are a couple trails off of Ute road that connect to the Bowl & Hawkins trails. The Bowl trail follows the top of the ridge.

If you can make it to Hump & Bump (Nov 6th & 7th) you can sign up to run either or both the Bowl and the Matterhorn trails. You can find information on the Hump & Bump at vv4w.org