Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:12 pm 
me and my friends plan to go four wheeling the first week out of school we have decent experience and have been on class 3 trails, but we want to take two vehicles a jeep liberty and nissan xterra, and a group of about six people we plan to camp along the four-wheel drive trail for two or three days. My question was if any of you know any good trails that wont be scorching from the summer heat, we live in Vegas and have thought about places around caliente but still are not quite sure of all the trail possibilities thank you very much for the help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:05 pm 

There's a trail system in Lincoln County called the Silver State Trail. In future time it will be very wide spread across the central part of the state, but for now the only established section is in Lincoln. The southern part starts at Pahroc Summit on US93 heading to Caliente. From there, it goes both north and east to various points of interest. You can come out by Pioche, Lund or even Ely. The trail is mostly class 1-2, rated easy enough for stock 4X4's. The local BLM office should have a trail map handy. Camping would be primitive, but the area is mostly BLM land so you should be able to find a good spot, and there are likely numerous established hunting camps.

http://www.nvtrailmaps.com/trail.php?tr ... rue&page=1

1978 IH Scout II Lifted, locked, blah,blah,blah.
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Her car.
1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4