Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: About hosting issues
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:29 am 

Hi,

I appreciate how much time and money it takes to run a website like this, so a BIG thank you!

Here's my offer. I am a bit of a computer nerd (it's what I do for a living) and I would be willing to assist in maintaining and improving the site. I currently run the camp-cook.com discussion forum on the same software as this forum (phpbb). This past weekend I had to move the forum from the existing host to a new one because of response time issues similar to the ones on this site. Although it was a bit of a challenge, I was able to move the entire website to a new hosting company while retaining all of the historical posts, photos, ect. I am also familiar with a number of available "mods" to make the forum run a little smoother and reduce the amount of spam that gets posted.

So, if you would like a volunteer to provide assistance on the board, I'll be glad to assist. I have a commitment that will last through the first weekend in May (the 2008 Boy Scout Mega Expo where we are doing Dutch Oven demonstrations and hosting a DO cookoff). After that, I'd be glad to help!

Joanne

P.S. - the site is screaming fast this morning! Hopefully the host has the issues resolved for good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:06 am 
Site Admin

thank you for your offer of help. i may take you up on it. but i hope you understandi have 2 problems with taking you up on your offer right away. first, i've been burned in the past by offers of help so i'm a little hesitant to shout EUREKA! I"M SAVED! :) second, i don't know you and have never met you. i don't mean to offend you but i'm a little cautious about handing my website over to someone i've never met and has only been posting on this board for about a month. sorry but that's the type of person i am. rubicon bob is supposed to be having a q&a with a website guy and get some of my questions answered. once that's done i may take you up on your offer once your schedule is free and i'm a little less overwelmed. 8)

NVBROFC
Re-located from my beloved Mojave to Texas. Where did all the mountains go???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:05 pm 

brad/duuuude wrote:
thank you for your offer of help. i may take you up on it. but i hope you understandi have 2 problems with taking you up on your offer right away. first, i've been burned in the past by offers of help so i'm a little hesitant to shout EUREKA! I"M SAVED! :) second, i don't know you and have never met you. i don't mean to offend you but i'm a little cautious about handing my website over to someone i've never met and has only been posting on this board for about a month. sorry but that's the type of person i am. rubicon bob is supposed to be having a q&a with a website guy and get some of my questions answered. once that's done i may take you up on your offer once your schedule is free and i'm a little less overwelmed. 8)

Brad,

I'm certainly no savior, just someone who likes to help out when I can. If you want some help, I'll be glad to. If not, my feelings aren't hurt. I've already got three other websites that I maintain in my "spare time". LOL!

Joanne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:24 am 

I am not good at the forum stuff, but I am good at web design and with as much help as the people of this group lend to me and my mom, I would be happy to assist as well. In fact I have a great sample already made if you would like to see it.. If you like it.. simply upload it and you are good to go.. not much maintance needed, and I could show you how to update it easily.

Ammy

mourgie@cox.net

Post subject: PS
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:33 am 

JOANNE!! woohoo another nerd! love it!

Ammy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:32 am 

I LOVE THIS CLUB :!:

I'm not stuck, I'm providing recovery training opportunities!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:37 pm 

Justin wrote:
I LOVE THIS CLUB :!:

Dude, you're still not getting my Bud Light.

1978 IH Scout II Lifted, locked, blah,blah,blah.
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Her car.
1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4