Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:28 am 

Hi all -
I am the Marketing & Communications Coordinator for Alexander Dawson School at Rainbow Mountain. It is a private school for pre-k thru Eighth Grade.
We are having our annual Dawson Gala event on April 5th. Although it is a private school, we offer more than $1 million in student aid and 20% of the students receive financial aid.
Our school is between a Montessori School and the Meadows School in terms of education. Our belief is that Excellence and Joy are not mutually exclusive. Our students are very well behaved, are taught manners (like holding the door open, saying thank you and general politeness) as well as having an outstanding education.
Two of our teachers have worked with NASA, many have PhD’s, and Masters. Three teachers have been Teachers of the Year for Nevada and other states. Our Math Team has a person ranked in the top 2% of the world for the Math Olympics, and he is in 7th Grade. That is 2% in the WORLD. More than half of that team last year was ranked in the top 15% of the United States. One of our students just won the “Why I Love Summerlinâ€￾ art contest and was in the RJ on 02/16. All around our students are prepared for the world.
Our school is right against Rainbow Mountain and was built in 2000. I know that I used to go 4x4ing in the early 90’s on our location (there is a cave not to far away), but many of our students have not been in the wilderness.

For my part, I am offering a ride along on one of our official outings. I have taken my son, my foreign exchange student son and my son's friends with me on runs. Therefore, I offered a ride along as part of our silent auction. I offered an official club run because Brad offered so much educational experiences that the student might actually learn something – as well as just enjoy the natural beauty of our Nevada Desert.
Our Gala is the 5th, and since the official run has not been set yet, I am hoping it will not be on the 5th, but sometime after that. I am hoping that it will be on the 12th or 26th. I hope it will be somewhere that is fun, exciting and a learning opportunity for me, but also my potential ride along.
Therefore, I need to know a little about where we may be willing to go and the dates. Also, if there is anybody else that would offer a ride along I would love to hear from you. I will make sure there is some sort of “if you get injured, it’s not the clubs faultâ€￾ type of thing on the auction list. But I thought this might be something interesting – a little different than the Boys and Girls Club outing that the LV Land Rover Club does (that we have participated in), as it doesn’t have to be anything particular for the school. I do not know how many parents are willing to sign their students up, but if I have an idea of who would be willing to take a student, that would be helpful in making sure I have enough options.
Maybe we could even get a new member or two, with parents willing to join us (more than a few have huge hummers [I see these car show hummers, with their tie hooks, winches and such and not a single desert racing stripe]) and I cannot say who parents are, but there are some desert racers.

Thanks for your input.
Issak
Marketing & Communication Coordinator
Alexander Dawson School
www.adsrm.org
949-3600 x656