Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:29 am 

FINAL UPDATE FROM TOM:

Pre-ran Gold Butte today. It's going to be a fantastic run! Lots to see. Be prepared for an all day run.
We are changing the staging place: There is a truck parking area at mile marker 110 on I-15. We're meeting there at 9:00 am, roll at 9:30. This is about 70 miles North of the Spaghetti Bowl so allow for some time. The exit we're taking is 2 miles north of there (Riverside). Fill up either at the Moapa Tribal Enterprizes, exit 75 (good) or Glendale Arco, exit 90 (better). Both places are below Vegas prices. $2.60 at the Arco. $2.65 at MTE. I promise a good time. That's easy because any time in the dirt is a great time! Really hope to see you there! Remember: September 24, 2017 (SUNDAY) at 0900! Remember to fill up. This is a long run! (extra gas isn't a horrible idea).

And one extra note from me: by a 'long run', be prepared for the possibility that we won't get back to Vegas until sunset or later.

Last edited by Dawn Nelson on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Coming Soon...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:47 pm 

Tom and I had talked about doing Gold Butte area a while back! Does anyone think it would be a good time to go there?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:46 am 

Gold Butte would be awesome in September as would a trail in NW Arizona. Where is Parksaddle Loop?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:10 am 

Packsaddle runs along a mountain top, and ends up in Chloride, AZ. We used to do it as a club run, but a few years ago, one section of the trail got washed out, and made it very stock-unfriendly. But, perhaps the trails has 'washed back in' since then. It happens. A pre-run will tell.

Gold Butte is a good idea too. We haven't done that in awhile.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:37 am 

Do we at least have a date yet? Is Sept 23rd good? Both Gold Butte and AZ sound fabulous!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:08 pm 

I'm doing my Moab trip Sept 7th -11th. Any other weekend than that, I'm in.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:11 pm 

No date quite yet, but likely later in the month. May have a date tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:01 pm 

A few of us pre- ran Pack Saddle Loop today. What a great run! We all had a blast!
Unfortunatly it is beyond a club run at this time. Shaw Shank Redemption. Also it appears to have been drown by a down pour this evening which will only make the wash outs worse. So.......... onward and upward: We will be running Gold Butte for September. Pre-run to be determined at a later date. The run will be on Sept 24th (THAT'S A SUNDAY!} Meet at the truck parking, mile marker 110 on I-15. 9:00am, Leave at 9:30. Fill up. It's a long trip. Prices are reasonable.Hope to see you there!!

"Zeek, I don't think we're in Kansas any more"
"If I only had a brain"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:47 am 

My wife and I are back from a trip to Europe. Looking forward to seeing you all, and getting dirty at Gold Butte. We had a great time running some trails in Spain, so I got my off road fix while we were gone.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:06 pm 

Looking forward to Gold Butte as I've seen pictures but never experienced the sights!
8)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:52 pm 

Dawn - do you have a kmz file of the route for Gold Butte you'd be willing to share?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:05 pm 

I have a kmz file of the run if anyone wants it. Can't attach it here, so email me at symphylan@gmail.com ifn you want it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:46 pm 

Pre-ran Gold Butte today. It's going to be a fantastic run! Lots to see. Be prepared for an all day run.
We are changing the staging place: There is a truck parking area at mile marker 110 on I-15. We're meeting there at 9:00 am, roll at 9:30. This is about 70 miles North of the Spaghetti Bowl so allow for some time. The exit we're taking is 2 miles north of there (Riverside). Fill up either at the Moapa Tribal Enterprizes, exit 75 (good) or Glendale Arco, exit 90 (better). Both places are below Vegas prices. $2.60 at the Arco. $2.65 at MTE. I promise a good time. That's easy because any time in the dirt is a great time! Really hope to see you there! Remember: September 24, 2017 (SUNDAY) at 0900! Remember to fill up. This is a long run! (extra gas isn't a horrible idea)

"If I only had a brain"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:58 pm 

Plan on making the Sunday run on the 24th. Will be coming from So. Cal. with Gail also in her Jeep.
Staying in Mesquite Sat night. To plan for Sunday night, is the run ending where we start near Riverside,
or somewhere near Mesquite, or nearer Vegas? thanks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:57 am 

We Exit at Riverside where we started.
Glad to hear you're coming!!

"If I only had a brain"

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next