Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:04 am 

Sound like a good run. I'll see everyone there!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:35 am 

JeepinJoe02 wrote:
I'm really excited...I Jeepin' Joe rigged a third row seat to turn my 5 passenger WJ into a 6 passenger. What does that mean? That means I can drag my whole family along with me and finally go on a Club Run!!! As a FAMILY!!! Now that's what I'm talking about!!! Okay, maybe I should curb my excitement. :P

Looking forward to spending the day in the dirt with some like minded wheelers...it's been too long!!!

It's been a long time since we've done a run together Joe. Can't wait to meet your family.

Rescue Ranger
NBCC
NVMC
NBROC founding member
NBSC
NBZORT Unit # 1
702-595-6213

https://apathetic-wealth-3217.glideapp.io/

http://www.expeditionportal.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:05 am 

I'll be there as well. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:23 pm 

scuba steve wrote:
It's been a long time since we've done a run together Joe. Can't wait to meet your family.
It sure has been a long time, Steve. I can't wait for my family to meet everyone and vice versa. Maybe if time allows, we can talk a little Ancient Alien stuff, too. The wife and I love that stuff!! It might be hard to sleep tonight, though, I'm so excited. I feel like a kid waiting for Santa Claus to come... :mrgreen: See you in the morning!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:04 pm 

Wanted to go but looks like we'll pass. Suzie had some ankle work done today so traveling tomorrow probably isn't the best thing to do.

12 Tacoma

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:54 pm 

Thanks everyone for the great run today. It was a great turnout and I'm glad the weather held out for us. I'll get the trail report filed in the next few days.

Rescue Ranger
NBCC
NVMC
NBROC founding member
NBSC
NBZORT Unit # 1
702-595-6213

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:23 pm 

Jeez Steve, did you even unpack the jeep before posting? LOL. I just unpacked, took a shower, and jumped on here, only to see you beat me.

Thank you for a great run. It was just what I needed, and a far cry from last Saturday, when I was still basically a couch fixture. I'll have some pics up on Facebook later tonight.

And, thanks again for the spotlight! You are just too nice, you know that?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:07 pm 

An excellent scenic run and terrific people, mixed with good weather equals a memorable day. Thanks, Steve, well done.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:42 pm 

I had a great time on the trail even though I had a few setbacks. Thanks for the run Steve. Here are a couple of pics I got.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:16 pm 

Great job, Steve. All three of us really enjoyed it. Nothing greater then being in the hills with nice people. See you on the next one.

walt, Kelly, and GretamaetheDog :mrgreen: 8) :D

2020 JLU Rubicon
33" BFG KO2's

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:06 pm 

Thanks Steve!!! The family and I had a great day!!! It was fun being out on the trail with everyone, and meeting some new wheelers, too!!!

Here is the link to some of the photos we took of the day. Just click the pic to take you to the album.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:13 pm 

Here's my trail report for the Nov. club run. It will also appear in the Club newsletter. Enjoy :D

Well was I excited with the turnout for this months club run ! 18 rigs were great to see and I thank everyone for coming. One notable in attendance was Dawn Nelson. This was her first run since being off her feet for a while and glad to see her back in her Jeep. I'm sure she was happy to get out too. One of our missing members was Beth. She was getting things ready for her trip to Death Valley with her new set up she has been putting together for a while ( truck/camper towing her Jeep ).
Our run began at a new location that I think worked out well for everyone. Railroad Pass has become more difficult to enter Boulder Highway from with all the increased traffic so we'll see how the Wagon Wheel exit works for any runs I do heading south of town. Boulder City has a couple of good meeting places too that we have used in the past.
After re-grouping on 95 heading toward Searchlight we turned east into the mountains and stopped to air down after everyone was off the highway. The vegetation had grown a lot through this area because of the recent rains that have come through the Eldorado Valley. Still a few flowers blooming but mostly just greenery. Wildlife was few and far between for some reason although we did see a Kestrel (falcon), some Phainopeplas ( black birds that eat Mistletoe berries) a rabbit and some butterflies. A couple of Bighorn Sheep were spotted also.
Because of the large number of rigs we had to split up into two groups to reach one of the mines that set up high on the side of a hill. Thanks to Rex and Alan for leading the second group up there and for pre-running the trail with me. After lunch at the St Louis Mine we made our way down towards the Colorado River stopping at an area that had some petroglyphs next to the road. The glyphs appear to be modern although the subject matter seemed to look like rock art I've seen before that I know was authentic. Who knows but they were fun to look at. There were some balanced rocks at this location also that are caused by softer rocks ( decomposing granite ) eroding away from wind and rain with a much harder rock sitting on top. JeepinJoe posted some great pictures of this spot on the NVBR message board under the November Run heading.
We ended our run at a little known cemetery east of Searchlight just inside the Lake Mead border. It was started many years ago by a man that wanted to be buried with his dog but wasn't allowed to do so at the Searchlight Cemetery so he started his own. Now there are quite a few people and their pets buried there. Quite a story and only in Nevada !
Well that's about it and you're probably ready to go to sleep now after reading all this so TTFN and thanks again for coming. Be sure to check to board as there are some good runs in the works and if you have any ideas for future runs, let us know.

Scuba Steve

Rescue Ranger
NBCC
NVMC
NBROC founding member
NBSC
NBZORT Unit # 1
702-595-6213

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:35 pm 

Reading that trail report made me feel like I was there...oh wait...I was!!! Well, it was nice living again, in my mind anyway. We (I) don't get out on the trails much and it sure was a fun time. With the baby being older, I'm sure we'll be out with the club more often this coming year. Anyway, thanks for leading Steve. It was awesome seeing everyone I know again, those who I've met before, and the new peeps I met that day. Still working on the Fun Run Rex is leading in Dec. Taking the TJ of course...

Thanks again Steve. You are an excellent trail leader!! Please do it again in the near future!!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2