Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Sept 24th Saturday
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:47 am 

Shirley & I would like to reserve this month for a great run in Mojave. We don't have a date yet because we have to get a permit. There will be no quantity restriction . Will set date later Rex & Shirley. We are no longer going to Mojave. Sooooo. I would like to go to a trail out of Beatty. First stop would be a tour of the Hard Luck Castle off of Scottys Castle road. The Hard Luck Mine Castle is new , still under construction. It is every bit as neat as Scottys Castle and the guy heading the tour is the owner and the builder. He has worked on it for 13 years now. It is 9 miles off of blacktop , on a class 1.5 dirt road. The Castle is every bit as neat as Scottys , even better because you get to meet the owner-builder. He has 2 pipe orgins just like the one in Scottys. There are only 5 in the world. The Randy has spent what must of been many millions , and many inovations, makes this trip very much worth while. Next I would like to go to Gold Point. Jack led a trip there in the 90's and thay had a wonderful time. He and I are going to call ahead and have hamburgers ready, plus the bar open, which is a museum in itself. I an going to camp at Beatty. Meet at the camp site at 8:30 roll at 9:00 Rex :D Randy charges $ 5.00 for the tour. It is cooler up there than it is in Vegas.

Last edited by Rex & Shirley on Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:24 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Sept run
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:02 am 

8)

Rescue Ranger
NBCC
NVMC
NBROC founding member
NBSC
NBZORT Unit # 1
702-595-6213

https://apathetic-wealth-3217.glideapp.io/

http://www.expeditionportal.com

Post subject: Re: Sept 24th Saturday
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:57 am 

The run has been changed. Please read the first post. Rex

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:11 pm 

gotta not miss this second chance to see a castle in the desert.
the Death Valley Inn is right next door to the RV camp, 1-775-553-9400 ( for those of us who are RV challenged.)
rather see this as i feel anyone who builds something off the grid should be supported.
we don't need no stinkin'permits, just some folding green energy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:17 am 

I talked to Sheriff Stone at Gold Point : He wants an accurate count of how many people there will be there, so he can buy meat. $9.00 for a hamburger, fries,and tea or lemmon aid. He will have bar open but he cannot charge you but if you want to donate it will go to the town restoration fund. So, be fair or even more so to help the town. He would be glad to show people around the town ,like a tour. . This will be the end of the run , so if anyone wants a drink it is on their own time. You can get over to the highway and back to Beatty without going off road. We plan on being at Gold Point at 4:00 after going through the castle and several other ghost towns. So, please post up so I can give the Sheriff an accurate count. Rex :D PS:You don't have to buy a hamburger from him but it would be nice because it goes toward the restoration of the town. I still need people to post for the count.

Last edited by Rex & Shirley on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:42 pm 

Rex: Count us in for the Sept. run. Plan on getting into Beatty the 21st or 22nd. Looking forward to this

Frank

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:39 pm 

this sounds like a heck of a lot of fun! Can count me in and i'll see to getting grandpa in too :)

edit* i forgetted btw... how far / long of a drive from vegas to beatty ( that's the town with the candy castle right in town amirite? )

2015 F-150 4x4 on 35's
2007 Polaris 525 Outlaw Quad
1993 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 4 door on 35's
1984 CJ-7 4.88's front and rear spooled rear air locker front on 35's

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:18 am 

Beatty is about 110 miles from Vegas. I plan to go up on Friday and stay at the Death Valley RV Park. Hope to see you all there!

"Zeek, I don't think we're in Kansas any more"
"If I only had a brain"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:55 pm 

I am going to miss out on this because the kid and I are headed for Pioche, Jackrabbit and Atlanta during this week. BUt... a good time is guaranteed to be had by you guys. The "Sheriff" and his "deputy" at Gold Point are some of the nicest folksI have ever met. The night we stopped in there headed for Stateline, I was blown away at the hospitality. We stopped off in the saloon and shared a drink. You guys have a great time! And... if you get lost there is always the map on the ceiling:

Rex & Shirley wrote:
I talked to Sheriff Stone at Gold Point : He wants an accurate count of how many people there will be there, so he can buy meat. $9.00 for a hamburger, fries,and tea or lemmon aid. He will have bar open but he cannot charge you but if you want to donate it will go to the town restoration fund. So, be fair or even more so to help the town. He would be glad to show people around the town ,like a tour. . This will be the end of the run , so if anyone wants a drink it is on their own time. You can get over to the highway and back to Beatty without going off road. We plan on being at Gold Point at 4:00 after going through the castle and several other ghost towns. So, please post up so I can give the Sheriff an accurate count. Rex :D PS:You don't have to buy a hamburger from him but it would be nice because it goes toward the restoration of the town. I still need people to post for the count.

nick@excopLLC.com

http://www.facebook.com/LasVegasAmsoilDirect

Youtube Exploration channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/FJGhostTowner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:15 am 

Corinne and I will be there. It sounds like a blast!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:32 am 

We will be attending with our new addition Henry. Its been a year and we are anxious to get back to the backroads.

Joe, Rose,Henry and Daniel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:05 pm 

Chris and I will be going on this one. As usual, we will be staying in the 5th wheel at the Death Valley RV Park.

John 8)

NBSC
NBOFC
NBORV

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:17 am 

Hi all:
Sue and I plan to go on the Sept 24 run, and would like to be included in the meal. We're not sure if we will spend the night yet.
See you all the 24th.

35" BFG's

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:15 am 

We will be going too. Driving up Fri pm and staying Fri and Sat nite at Death Valley Inn. Anyone else driving up Friday pm? Mindful of a Jeep Train maybe?

Roger & Barbara

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:58 am 

Looks like a great run, Rex!
We'll actually be able to make this one. Set aside some burgers for us. :D

'08 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
4" ProComp Lift
35" BFG Mud-Terrains
Rampage Bumpers
10,000 lb. Smittybuilt Winch

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next