Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:29 pm 

afhanson72 wrote:
You'll be fine, Phil. There are go-arounds if you don't feel comfortable on some of the more difficult obstacles.

No one will leave you alone. There will be plenty of great spotters in this group!!

See you there!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:13 pm 

Thank you SO much, Joe, for posting up this fantastic run & thanks to Rob, for leading the way. :) We had a great time - the weather was great - the obstacles were great - the company was great. Thanks to all who came! :mrgreen:

I uploaded my photos and you can check them out at:
http://community.webshots.com/album/556713980XdUvIh

See ya'll next time!

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:55 pm 

Thanks again for the great run today, great weather and great people....even with all the Hummer Jokes on the CB...ya I heard ya....LOL
Logandale is my new favorite place. Hope to catch another run with you guys !!!
Tammy
Hum3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:10 pm 

My two cents as well for the great run today. Thanks for the great ride. I've been in a bit of a funk lately, and now I know why, not enough WHEELIN!!! Thanks Stan for helping with the tire, and thanks to all for being patient with my 'old' machine. It was a nice bonus to run into Mickey G., et al, on the trail. It's always cool to bump into folks we know out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:18 pm 

Agreed....we had a great time as usual. See some of you tomorrow night for fireworks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:21 pm 

:D WOW !!!!! What a ride !! I had so much fun today... Thanks to all for a great day in the dirt !!! You guys were so right... The obsticles were tough but the ones I did were fun... Maybe I should have tried a couple more,,, but then ,,, oh well... I had a blast and proved to myself that it can be done... Here's a link to more pix of todays run,, from a little different view... Thanks again for a great day in the dirt... Phil :mrgreen:

http://community.webshots.com/user/LVCabbieXJ

31" BFG Mud Terrains
NBOFC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:16 pm 

Fantastic! Glad I made it in time. That's a much better way to spend a Sat afternoon than flipping thru endless TV channels in search of something decent to watch. It was great meeting all of you and will see some of you on the New Years run tomorrow. Great pix to both Lucy and Phil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:17 am 

It was an awesome day for sure and it was nice meeting new people and wheelin' with you all. Great pix from Lucy and Phil, too. So many times I've been on a run and I never can seem to get a picture of myself doing an obstacle. Thanks for the shots of me and my Jeep. :D

Here's the link to the pictures I took of today's run. If anyone wants the full size picture of your rig, shoot me an email and I'll send it to you. Thank's to all for making this an awesome run. :mrgreen:

A special thanks to my friend, Rob, for leading the way. I could have done it, but I still don't know where all the obstacle are. I think I have a better idea after today's run. :wink:

Click on the pic for the rest... Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:10 am 

Joe great time with great pics it was a wonderful day Thanks

NBRR / NBMC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:51 am 

Hey Joe,
Great pix. I'm going to sign up for that site to download some of the pix but if it doesn't work well I'll ask you for some of them via email. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:34 am 

Awesome pictures, Joe. Thanks for taking the time to snap them, caption them, and post them. I know I appreciate it and I'm sure everyone else does too!!

Hope to see you tonight!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:53 pm 

And again....my usual comment....
I'M SO JEALOUS!!! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:32 pm 

So am I!
:shock: Looks like you all had a great time 8) I had house guests in from Denver. Had to take them out shoping, Nevada Buggie, and American Racing. Had to pick up a few sand rail parts.
Everyone took such great photo's it was like being there :) . Maybe next time. Happy NEW YEAR !
Oh, and the Pinz walked right up that waterfall... Very cool, nice video ! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:17 pm 
:D GREAT run, THANK YOU!!!

I was in desperate need of getting some dirt on the tires and yesterday's run was exactly what the doctor ordered!

Thanks to Rob for leading and spotting! Thanks Joe for puttiing together an AWESOME run! It was a "little" more challenging than what I expected. At the end of the day Rob & Joe said they would rate it at a 3-3.5! :shock:

Thanks to everyone for not laughing too much when Lucy ran that obstacle and I took the go around. :oops: I have to admit I was feeling a bit nervous yesterday. It's been MONTHS since I've been out and my confidence wasn't where it should have been. To quote Rob, "It's a Rubicon!" I had forgotten that and I think after a couple of more runs to shake off the rust I'll be ready to hang with a pro like Lucy! :wink:

Thanks again for a GREAT day!

JT

Click to view pics I took: http://community.webshots.com/user/nutz4jeeps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:37 pm 

JT wrote:
To quote Rob, "It's a Rubicon!" I had forgotten that and I think after a couple of more runs to shake off the rust I'll be ready to hang with a pro like Lucy! :wink:

Geeez...thanks for the compliment, but I still consider myself a rookie! I dragged my diff across something (again), I heard banging I didn't like (again), and I went on my share of go-arounds, too.

I'll need many more years of experience before my skills come close to maximizing my jeep's capabilities. The real inspiration of the day was PHIL - now here is a skilled driver that truly maximized his vehicle's capabilities. I was impressed! Good job, Phil!