Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fun Run Saturday, 23rd??
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:24 pm 

I'm just throwing this out here just in case anyone wants to get out in the dirt before Christmas. I don't know where I was going yet, or how long of a day, (most likely not short, but not all day either).

Is there anyone interested? If so, I'll post the destination by Thursday night. If no one is interested, that's okay, it's almost Christmas for crying out loud. :wink: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:46 pm 

Did i here you say bitter springs!!

FZJ 80 series,UZJ 100 series,URJ 200 series

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:54 am 

allan man wrote:

I think I've taken my mom on that trail before (she will be out visiting for Christmas), but that could be a possibility. I could add the part of the run we did for Lola a few months back up to Anniversary Mine. I'll keep that in mind Allan; since we didn't get there this past weekend and you seem anxious to do it. :P

Hey, did the cleaning up of your TB work? Do you still have problems with your idle? Just wondering if that was all fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:26 am 

Joe, I can go. I'd like Bitter Springs since I actually have never run it before! :D
The earlier the better for me so we don't get back too late. Let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:48 pm 

afhanson72 wrote:
Joe, I can go. I'd like Bitter Springs since I actually have never run it before! :D
The earlier the better for me so we don't get back too late. Let me know.

Okay!! I just talked to my mom, she's on the Ohio Turnpike heading to the airport. She would like to go wheelin' on Saturday, so it's a go!!!

We will meet at the Speedway exit at the gas station parking lot at 7a depart at 7:30a. We will do Bitter Springs and the off shoot to Anniversary mine. I'd say we should be on pavement no later than 2p or 3p if even that late. We could cut out the off shoot if need be. We can decide that when we get to the turn off.

Bring your camera, drinks, lunch and snacks. I know of a couple places that we can play on that are more difficult, but there are ways around them if need be.

See you early in the morning!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:18 pm 

JeepinJoe02 wrote:
allan man wrote:

I think I've taken my mom on that trail before (she will be out visiting for Christmas), but that could be a possibility. I could add the part of the run we did for Lola a few months back up to Anniversary Mine. I'll keep that in mind Allan; since we didn't get there this past weekend and you seem anxious to do it. :P

Hey, did the cleaning up of your TB work? Do you still have problems with your idle? Just wondering if that was all fixed.

Well i took my XJ out this past saturday near my house @ the end of college/I-95 and came out of boot leg canyon and came back the same way home which was about 3 hrs. and NOPE not one time did it do that funky idle drop or shut off .....so im hoping that was the case ( all the Goo in the IAC ) which i think was making it stick at some times.......ill see if it acts up at bitter springs this sat....your suspicion of the IAC instead of the TPS was probably right Joe...

FZJ 80 series,UZJ 100 series,URJ 200 series

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:55 pm 

Joe,,, I don't know if CJ has to work Sat., but we'll try to make it... That's very early,,, but the run is worth it... I hope we can find time to do the Anivesary Mine part... That was really awsome on the 'Lola' run... I'll do my best to make it........ Phil

31" BFG Mud Terrains
NBOFC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:17 pm 

LV Cabbie wrote:
Joe,,, I don't know if CJ has to work Sat., but we'll try to make it... That's very early,,, but the run is worth it... I hope we can find time to do the Anivesary Mine part... That was really awsome on the 'Lola' run... I'll do my best to make it........ Phil

I sure hope you can make it Phil. It's always nice wheelin' with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:46 am 

Joe- I plan on making this run if we hit the Anniversary Mine area. Can you also bring your Check Engine code reader? I need to find out what my error code is and turn that darn light off :roll:
And we don't need to start super early- Are you guys crazy- Its going to be wayy cold and its too early for me to roll out of bed.

haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:08 pm 

N2Deep wrote:
Joe- I plan on making this run if we hit the Anniversary Mine area. Can you also bring your Check Engine code reader? I need to find out what my error code is and turn that darn light off :roll:
And we don't need to start super early- Are you guys crazy- Its going to be wayy cold and its too early for me to roll out of bed.

haha

I would like to hit Anniversary Mine. With minimal stops on Bitter Springs, it should be doable.

yeah, I'll bring my Check Engine reader, too.

Craig, if you want to meet us at the trailhead, we should arrive there around 7:45a-8a Then you wouldn't have to get up too early. :P

I'd like to go play all day, but since my mom is in town, she would like to go sight seeing on the strip and maybe do some shopping and gamble a little, too. That early seems to be the vote for everyone so they have the rest of the day to do with what they will.

Hope to see you there!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:03 pm 

Sorry Joe,,, can't make it.... Just got a new computer today and you wouldn't believe the mess around here.... Boxes and stuff everywhere... Not to mention the hard part of fiqureing out how to use this thing... I got here so it's possible that I'll have everything working by tomorrow night,,,, maybe !!!! This thing is 1000 times faster than my old dinosaur,,, and a new 19" wide screen monitor... So far it's totally foreign,,, but fun.... Have fun guys... Phil :mrgreen:

31" BFG Mud Terrains
NBOFC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:45 am 

LV Cabbie wrote:
Sorry Joe,,, can't make it.... Just got a new computer today and you wouldn't believe the mess around here.... Boxes and stuff everywhere... Not to mention the hard part of fiqureing out how to use this thing... I got here so it's possible that I'll have everything working by tomorrow night,,,, maybe !!!! This thing is 1000 times faster than my old dinosaur,,, and a new 19" wide screen monitor... So far it's totally foreign,,, but fun.... Have fun guys... Phil :mrgreen:

Aww! Sorry you can't make it Phil. I'm glad you got a new computer. That's something I need to get in the near future, too. Mine's so slow!! :evil:

If you need some help setting that bad boy up, I'm sure someone on this message board could help. Enjoy your day and I'll make sure I take some pictures (like always) to post on the board. :D

Merry Christmas!!!