Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:37 pm 

Here are the pictues that I took of todays exploring run. What a great day and a great group of people to go wheelin' with. I want to thank everyone who went for sharing this day.

I will be talking to Bob about scheduling this run as a "Club Run" sometime down the road. The trail was pretty well groomed with a few small washouts to contend with, but all-in-all, it is worthy of a "Club Run". I would rate it no more than a 2 as the trail goes. For scenic? On a scale from 1-5, it is a solid 10!!!

Definitely a must do!! Image

Click on the Pic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:04 am 

"Electric Ave" was a scenic TEN! :D The powerlines along the way actually complimented the interesting scenes. As always, Joe, your photos tell the tale of the day. The water views up there are spectactular & the weather was perfect! I agree, it would make a perfect club run in the future -

Thanks for putting it together & sending out the invite

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:47 pm 

Great pix Joe,,, sorry we missed this one,,, but didn't hear about it... I've been all thru this area,, but you went some places we haven't... We have fished this cove... We call it 'Powerline #42'... I can't believe how far down the water level is... Hope we can do it as a club or fun run... Phil

31" BFG Mud Terrains
NBOFC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:51 pm 

LV Cabbie wrote:
Great pix Joe,,, sorry we missed this one,,, but didn't hear about it... I've been all thru this area,, but you went some places we haven't... We have fished this cove... We call it 'Powerline #42'... I can't believe how far down the water level is... Hope we can do it as a club or fun run... Phil

Sorry about that Phil. :( I didn't post it because I was not sure what the trail was going to be like, and because of Hump-n-Bump going on.

I've went to the Ora Plata Mine a while back, after the bad rains a few years ago. The trail was really washed out and it was very hard to get to the mine. Definitely a 3-3.5 rating. I was thinking that the trail I was going on, may have been like that and I didn't want to put out an invite until I checked it out, just in case. Plus there is no trail there according to my GPS topo map. I wasn't even sure how to find it exactly. If I knew that the trail was like it was, I would have posted.

I sent Bob an email about it and I'm going to get together with him and plan it for a "Club Run" sometime in the near future. I'm thinking March or April. So keep your eyes open for the posting. I will take a different route to get there, just to add some more trail time and fun. So look for it to come soon.

Joe OlllllllO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:13 am 
Nice choice on the name, Electric Avenue!

The run was amazing. When we came to the crest of the hill that gave us a view down the mountains and to the Colorado River, it was simply breathtaking. Once we got to the river, it made me wish I had a canoe strapped to the top of the Jeep to take down the river a little ways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:00 am 
Site Admin

sounds, and looks like from the pictures, like you went down from knob hill to aztec wash. it is approved trail number 42 in the lake mead recreation area. that's an awsome trip and just as much fun coming up from the river. we have come up it after doing eldorado canyon then a trip to fire mountain point first. it's always a good one. check the photo gallery uinder 2005 runs and look for january's club run thru the eldorado mountains for pictures of that trip. 8)

NVBROFC
Re-located from my beloved Mojave to Texas. Where did all the mountains go???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:18 pm 

brad/duuuude wrote:
sounds, and looks like from the pictures, like you went down from knob hill to aztec wash. it is approved trail number 42 in the lake mead recreation area. that's an awsome trip and just as much fun coming up from the river. we have come up it after doing eldorado canyon then a trip to fire mountain point first. it's always a good one. check the photo gallery uinder 2005 runs and look for january's club run thru the eldorado mountains for pictures of that trip. 8)

Yeah, that's the trail, Brad. Here I thought I found something new.Image Anyway, it is an awesome run. It was the first time any of us were on the trail. I've been to the lake at that point and I've been on the Knob Hill side, but since the trail wasn't on my GPS topo map, I never knew it existed. I found it on Google Earth and mapped it from that.

It would still make a great Club Run since it hasn't been done recently. I know of a few trails that I like to go through to get to Knob Hill that are a little more technical. Only problem is, they may not be stock friendly. I'll keep looking and get it mapped out soon.

Thanks for the info!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:49 pm 
Site Admin

the first time i ran it was because i showed the trail on the lake mead maps and the trail at the top but none of the maps showed anything in the middle. i figured that since there were powerlines there had to be a powerline road. i've even been on it when they've been making repairs after the rains. it makes a great club run and has never rated more then a 2, that was right after the big rains of 2004-2005. i can show you where some pictographs are on knob hill and we've tied it in with the petroglyphs at keyhole canyon. great club run, i'm in! :D

NVBROFC
Re-located from my beloved Mojave to Texas. Where did all the mountains go???