Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:46 pm 
Hey Stan, I ran into a guy today that was with you on Vegas Valley's Angel Peak run. He had your storage bag for your tornado air pump. I've got it now and I'll give it to you Friday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:03 pm 

Thanks Scuba just throw it away the pump was to slow and I have gone to nitrogen air up in 7 min's

NBRR / NBMC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:42 pm 

Watched a big storm cell rain on Moapa and Logandale most of the afternoon, still hitting that area some what. Not heavy according to radar, but decent and steady. I expect lots of mud :D

Good news is that unless it's a bad weather issue, the first wash crossing should be the worst spot for us to judge if the trail is too bad to do. Hate to get stuck out in the middle some where :roll:

1978 IH Scout II Lifted, locked, blah,blah,blah.
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Her car.
1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:26 am 

Lots of mud will be great with the top off!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:38 pm 

Flash Flood watch till Midnight-- I checked the radar and it looks clear - shouldn't be a problem. I busted a control arm bushing and won't get it replaced until tonight, so I won't make it. Have fun and be safe - keep an eye towards the sky for rain. That is a spot I wouldn't want to be in if it floods.

Craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:29 pm 

afhanson72 wrote:
Lots of mud will be great with the top off!! :D

I'll bring my poncho :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:32 pm 

Well I justed walked in the door from work (13 hour day in Pahrump yaaaa :twisted: ) and checked the weather. The biggest threat seems to be from storms backing up in Arizona and backing up this way. I plan to still run it, guess we'll see what happens if it happens 8)

1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:51 pm 

How was the weather? We got a nice little storm that is blowing through and it came from the Arrow canyon area. Hope you missed all the nasty stuff and didn't see too much rain. I was going to fix the Jeep tonight but Fedex dropped the ball and my Overnight package didn't make it here. I guess they owe me my freight back and I will have to finish it next week sometime.

Hope everyone made it home safe and dry

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:28 am 

Hey Craig,

Sorry to hear about your parts problems. I hate when they don't get to you when they are supposed to.

I think everyone made it home without getting too wet. We hit some rain here and there but nothing too bad. We didn't get drenched anyway. The wind got us when we were riding on the ridges. It was blowing pretty hard at times. We were worried a bit and made sure we kept moving once we hit the canyon. It was agreed by all to keep moving, no stops, not potty breaks or anything until we were out of the canyon and that wash. The rain was picking up a little when we were in there, but everything was fine. Sorry to have missed out on the ice cream and cake, but under the cicumstances, it may not have been a good idea to stop anywhere on the trail. Just to play it safe.

We had to be detoured around I-15 because of the explosion and fire at the Pilot station on Craig. Thanks to Bill for getting us back on I-15 at Craig so we could get home quicker.

Thanks to Gary for leading the run. It sure was a lot of fun even though I was a passenger.

Thanks Al for letting me ride shotgun. For those who are wondering where my Jeep was, my alternator went south and I am waiting for my new super duper upgrade. Yes, you guessed it. A new Mean Green 200 amp alternator that puts out 100 amps at idle. That should keep my battery cooking. :D I should have it back on the trail next week if anything is going on then.

Thanks for a great time. It was a blast!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:18 am 

I was coming home from Mesquite last night and saw a huge orange glow over the mountain that didn't last very long. That must have been the explosion :shock: I thought it was lighting starting a fire.

Good to hear you didn't get washed away. It stormed here very hard and rain heavy for a few hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:45 am 
Site Admin

according to the news it was a propane facility at pecos and craig that blew up. they're saying lightning hit a propane storage tank :shock: and it went boom and caused others to go boom too. glad i don't live near there. wish i could have made the trip but i've been a little sick and needed to stay close to home. it's a drag getting old. 8)

NVBROFC
Re-located from my beloved Mojave to Texas. Where did all the mountains go???

Last edited by brad/duuuude on Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:46 am 

Awesome run last night, thanks Gary for leading!! The lightning was an awesome show the whole time.

No problem, Joe. Glad you still came out without your Jeep. The more, the merrier!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:28 pm 
Thanks for the run Gary, the weather this year has been crazy and you sure can't plan things around it.
I ended up getting off at Apex and taking LVBN to Lk Mead then on to I 15. Wasn't too much longer.
Sorry Stan we missed the dessert, desert washes and rain don't mix and that canyon has no escape routes.

See everyone next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:34 pm 

Great run !!! Thanks Gary... Only one minor missed turn... Kudos... Sorry for holding us up there at the air down... I experienced a 'procedural lapse' of technical expertice... I really need to get those air down valves like Stan has... It would save us all time... Arrow Canyon sure seemed a lot different from that direction,,, can't wait for the next trip there... Mother Nature really put a magnificent show for us... What a night !!!! Phil :mrgreen:

31" BFG Mud Terrains
NBOFC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:00 pm 

I'm glad everyone enjoyed, and the missed turn was in honor of Brad :wink:

We missed the big stuff though, Logandale had recorded just under 1" of rain and Lincoln got hammered pretty good with numerous washouts on the highways that had to be cleaned up.

We hit the road closure at the 15/Beltway interchange and turned around and got off at Speedway Blvd. It took us almost as long to get home from Apex as it did to get to Apex from Glendale :roll:

1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4