Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pictures from Logandale
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:05 am 

woo hoo! i figured this out!! we had a great time! expect for the few dead ends jamie took us too!! (just kidding) i am so ready to go again! this time i want to see some trees and water!? is that possible out here??
thanks again jamie!! i have a video but i dont' know how to put that up here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:26 am 

looks like y'all had a great time!

if you want trees, head west, to Mt Charleston and the rest of the Spring mountains.

ɹǝʌo ǝɯ ןןoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:50 pm 

Good pix ,,, seem's you had a fun time for the 'virgin' trip !!!! NOW,,, Brandi & Jamie,,,, take a 'personal' day off and join us on a real Club Run on Sat. I guarentee that you will find trees and rocks and valleys that will excite you, and no 'dead ends'.... Come on out and see what this club is all about... It's really a whole different ballgame when you have a bunch of great people together and a trail boss that knows where he's going !!! Every trip is an adventure in itself... I promise you that the shear exileration of the terrain, the beauty of the region, the comaraday of the club members, and just knowing that your Jeep has 'been there, done that', is well worth takeing the day off !!! :lol: Brandi,, why not bring Doa along too... That way you'll have someone to yell at you when it gets a little tight !!!! Hope to see you on the trail,,, trust me,,, it's worth it.... Phil :mrgreen:

31" BFG Mud Terrains
NBOFC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:21 pm 

Yeah, what Phil said... :D

Great pictures Brandi. How about water, trees, moutain terrain, and washed out washes? I may just have to plan on switching days off to coordinate a two day campout run. I have a buddy who has been wanting to go back to do Pennsylvania Canyon, and the Ella Mountain Lookout area again. I would be a lot of fun for sure. Humm......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:35 pm 

I'm going to take you up on your club run offer but not this time. Money is low. Gas prices are killing me and I have some other issues currently.
Jamie

Dana 20
4in SUA
35" BFG MT's

"Drinks gasoline like a fat kid drinks Kool-aid"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:15 pm 

JeepinJoe02 wrote:
Yeah, what Phil said... :D

I have a buddy who has been wanting to go back to do Pennsylvania Canyon, and the Ella Mountain Lookout area again. I would be a lot of fun for sure. Humm......

I was pondering about talking to Brad about doing this as a club run. Only two things:

1. It might be too far for some folks, not sure what most people like to limit themselves too, much less what the cub run specs are. I know that you know it can be done in a long day, but I'd stay over myself. Many may not want to stay over though.

2. I heard Union Pacific is going to close down the rail road access road but have yet heard a definite date. Sucks as we'll lose some highly scenic road if they do. But you can still come in from Logandale from the East and over to Elgin (or even the Kane Springs road). Not sure how long or how rough it is, but I understand it is pretty well traveled by ranchers and Lincoln County people taking a short cut to Mesquite. Also some stuff to check out, which I plan to do this fall when it cools back down. I should be able to get some answers on the UP deal next weekend when I go to Caliente though.

And glad to hear Logandale was fun for you two. :wink:

1978 IH Scout II Lifted, locked, blah,blah,blah.
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Her car.
1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:33 pm 

From the pic with the " More Difficult" and a huge smile, looks like She's ready for a NBMC Fun run. Any Ideas? Maybe when Ed gets his Jeep back.
The Bowl?

I'm not stuck, I'm providing recovery training opportunities!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:23 pm 

Hey Gary, the one time Rob and I went up that way, we went from Carp Road to Meadow Valley Road. When we got to the trail that was washed out from the floods a few years back, we were supposed to follow the railroad access road, but we drove up through the wash. It was a lot of rock crawling and blindly hitting the front diff (thank goodness for skids), but it was a lot of fun. Got back on the Meadow Valley Road to Elgin then to Pennsylvania Canyon to Ella Mountain, etc.

It can be done in a long day, but an overnight campout would be a lot of fun.

It's gonna happen sometime and I'll post details when that time gets closer so that anyone who would like to go, can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:47 pm 

That's the way I meant as an alternate, I always forget that's considered Carp Rd :oops: . I haven't been up Meadow Valley since the floods, but before that was an incredible way to go. The floods did wipe out a lot of the growth that made it worth the trip from pictures I have seen since. Plus the UP went and moved the creek and built flood retention dams that the BLM and Core of Engineers made them remove and build to their liking :wink:

I have some maps listing old homesteads and ranches and even a few mines to the East of Carp Rd. Plus you can head East and come into Caliente and Barclay from Bunker Pass, which is very cool. Someday I'd like to run the rail access road from Moapa into Utah :D

1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:41 pm 

Justin wrote:
From the pic with the " More Difficult" and a huge smile, looks like She's ready for a NBMC Fun run. Any Ideas? Maybe when Ed gets his Jeep back.
The Bowl?

Let's not get too ahead of myself here!! but for sure one day i will be taking off on sat and sun! i love camping and to be outdoors would be great for me!! so you must slowly "bring it on" for me!! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:16 am 

Hey Joe,
You know you can count me in for that trip, just post the time and place and I will be there. :D
I really want to get back up to Delamar Ghost town again. So if we do a two day trip we can hit that on the way home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:44 pm 

N2Deep wrote:
Hey Joe,
You know you can count me in for that trip, just post the time and place and I will be there. :D
I really want to get back up to Delamar Ghost town again. So if we do a two day trip we can hit that on the way home.

That would be awesome, Craig!! I'll be sure to post it way in advance. This way a few more people can make arrangements to get the time off if need be. (Hint-Hint Brandi :wink: ) Or maybe I'll have to take the time off and do it on a Wed/Thurs run. Can you do Wed/Thurs runs, Craig???

There is a small lake just east of 5 points. I think it's Pine Lake if I'm not mistaken. After Ella Mountain, I'd like to head for that area before heading into Caliente then the Delamar Valley.

It should be a great time and I'll get it posted soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:35 pm 

JeepinJoe02 wrote:

There is a small lake just east of 5 points. I think it's Pine Lake if I'm not mistaken. After Ella Mountain, I'd like to head for that area before heading into Caliente then the Delamar Valley.

Pine Canyon Reservoir. But that one and Mathews Canyon Res. to the East are flood retention, so they may or may not have any water. I haven't been to Pine, but I have been to Mathews a few times and it has always been a mud pit at the most.

They also broke the dam at Beaver Dam State Park and pretty much drained it during the winter last year out of fear of it breaching, there's not much more there than pond now :evil:

If you were to head East from Ella, through Pine and over to Barclay, there is an old homestead very much worth checking out at the base of the dam at Mathews Canyon Res. It's only listed on one map I have seen, but I can give you easy directions. From Barclay (another cool place) you could take the rail access road back into Caliente (Clover Creek) and see some cool spots. We used to camp along the creek through there until the floods wiped just about every spot out. Lots of water though.

I'd be interested too, especially if on the weekend as the wife could make it too.

1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:51 am 

I am up for anyday. As soon as the boys are out of school June 8th I can go anytime. Just need a few days notice to take time off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:51 pm 

Oooohhh, this is beginning to sound like a really cool run. Thanks Gary for the info on that area. I've been wanting to venture out in that area for a long time, but it's hard to do it in a day. An overnite stay would be the best way for sure.

I'd still like to plan it for a weekend so I wouldn't have to switch days with someone at work. That would work out best for me anyway.

I'll keep working on the planning part and get it posted soon.

BTW, sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this post. :oops: