Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:22 pm 
Site Admin

I know it is late notice, but is anybody wanting to do a run to Echo Canyon by way of the Funeral Range trail. Let me know if you are interested and I will post the whens and wheres.

This trail is very scenic, but there is one spot that is not "fullsize" friendly. Stock vechicles should be able to make it without too much problem. The waterfall is rated maybe a 3. Checkout the picture of Brad at this spot, you can find it under Echo Canyon on my web site.

Rubicon Bob
Club President
Rescue Ranger
NBMC / NBCC
03 Rubi/2017 Grand Cherokee
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition

Last edited by Rubicon Bob on Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:57 am 
I'm in. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:37 am 

Bob,,, Sounds like fun... I think that CJ & can make it... Need more details !!! It'll be streching the budget, with the price of gas now,,, but these runs are always worth it.... Phil :mrgreen:

31" BFG Mud Terrains
NBOFC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:08 pm 

What a drag gotta miss this run too, due to work. I'm freaking out haven't been out since we did Morman Pass ( Scuba Steve remembers that run) sorry Steve I couldn't help myself. But on the up side Taryol is doing great after her surgery, and is just about ready to go again. Have fun tomorrow I,ll be thinking about you guys. See you on the trails real soon. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:04 pm 

We would but we're getting new carpet installed tomorrow. Have fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:09 pm 
Site Admin

CARPET!!! you'd give up a great wheeling trip for CARPET! :lol: just kidding guys, you 2 missed a great trip last saturday. i can't go this weekend either because i'm going to have a house full of grandkids. the joy's of being a grandparent. 8)

NVBROFC
Re-located from my beloved Mojave to Texas. Where did all the mountains go???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, boys and girls, here are the where's and when's.

We will be meeting at Nevada Joes gas station on Hwy 95 and the Amargosa turnoff (approx. 75 miles north of Vegas on the right). Meeting @ 8am. Roll @ 8:30. Bring plenty to drink as we will be in Death Valley most of the day. This run is easy except for the waterfall that rates maybe a 3. Phil you should be able to make it without too many problems. :shock:

Any questions, call be at home. 453-2358

Rubicon Bob
Club President
Rescue Ranger
NBMC / NBCC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:25 pm 

Well Brad, it gets worse. We gave up the other run to prep the house so the tile could get installed.

Post subject: Echo Run
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:29 pm 
Hi my name is Scott AKA Daman. This is my first time posting here, I would be very interested in this run. Is it going to be an overnight thing or a day trip. Also how far is this trail from Nevada joes, The only reason im asking is because my cj is a gas hog. Will 15 extra gallons be enough? Any more info would be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:35 pm 

Bob,,, :( I didn't realize how far away this trail was... That would be at least a 250 mile round trip... A tank of gas... Plus supplies... I'm sorry to be a crybaby, but the rent is due on Monday... CJ said it would be fun, but he really wants to sleep in tomorrow as he hasn't had that chance for several weeks now... Also, my vent/AC fan switch has gone south and I need to fix that, as it's getting hot now... Patty just got home and said,, "well if your not going,, here's a few things to do around here"... I guess that I will have a full day... Have fun,,, and please get some pix.. This is the 1st run I've missed since I've been in the club, and it hurts,,, but economically I just have to stay home... Phil :mrgreen:

31" BFG Mud Terrains
NBOFC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry to hear that, Phil. You would have loved the trail. I would say that the whole day might be around 175 -200 miles. But I understand. Hopefully prices will come down...SOON.

Scott, welcome to the board. This run is meeting at a gas station. The trail is only about 30 miles (dirt time). From our meeting place to the gas station in Furnace Creek is maybe 50 miles. I wouldn't think that you should need gas on the trail. If you feel better about carrying extra, go ahead. It might keep you from having to fill up in Furnace Creek. Gas will be very pricey there.With my TJ, if I fill up at the meeting place, I should be able to make it back home on the same tank. Last time I did this trail, I used less than half a tank. Like I said, if you feel better about carrying gas, go ahead. I would rather you be happy with your choice than having to worry about it all day. Also, this is just a day run, you should be home in time for dinner.

Hope to see you there.

Rubicon Bob
Club President
Rescue Ranger
NBMC / NBCC

Post subject: Echo Run
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:17 pm 
Thank for all the info I will see you there. I will be in a od green cj-7 . thanks again.

Post subject: fun day
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:13 pm 

:( Sorry we will miss anouther run. We enjoyed the run before. I'm stuck in California for two more weeks. Every body have a great run on sunday. Coral is not a happy camper with not going back home this weekend. See everybody when we get back. Hope it's not too hot to make a couple runs when we get back. :wink:
Geno

Grands can to wheel. :twisted:

NBRR
UFWDA BOD,BRC