It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:38 am 

much as I dislike my job, you gotta love those weekdays off. :lol:

Tuesday the 4th. anyone up?

ɹǝʌo ǝɯ ןןoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:56 pm 
I'm off as well, but I'm not sure what I have planned. I'll get back to you Monday a.m. at the latest.

JT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:50 pm 

As it sits right now, I have Tuesday off but that may change. I will find out for sure tommorrow (Sunday) If I don't have to work Tuesday, I am up for it. Any idea what trail?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:13 am 

I really don't know all the good trails. I need something stock-friendly.
Is the Rocky Gap road out of Red Rocks good? I got stopped out there a couple weeks ago, but then it was real muddy.
I'd like to follow it through. I mean, if Pink Jeep in their Tahoes can do it, for goodness sakes my Jeep ought to.

I was looking at my Nevada Gazetteer last night and wondering what the Carp road through the Mormon mountains was like.

and as it stands right now there's a 40% chance of rain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:03 am 

Carp is technically closed (to through traffic past Elgin) from the floods 2 years ago as the state and Union Pacific fight over who is supposed to fix it. Other than being pot holed and tore up from Elgin to Kershaw-Ryan S.P. (asphalt) it's passable with a car. It's a well graded dirt road to Elgin.

Supposedly VV4W and later the Pink Jeep guys worked on Rocky Gap and it's claimed a stocker can get through now. But I know of no one that has tried it.

1978 IH Scout II Lifted, locked, blah,blah,blah.
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Her car.
1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:00 am 
Brad emailed me that Tom & Beth may be swinging by his place on Tuesday a.m. I'm going to probably meet up with them so Brad can tune my CB and we were thinking about possibly running Kodachrome.

Brad- can you confirm/deny for the rest?

JJ- I was up at Rocky Gap about two weeks ago and I turned around after only a couple of miles. The weather turned and I was alone, so I didn't want to chance it. FYI...The first rock garden/water crossing I came to wasn't that technically challenging, but I'm not sure if you have the clearance...it might be close. The little bit that I ran was easily stock friendly up to that point. In fact, there was a Park Services Tahoe that was just ahead of me. He (smartly) decided not to try the crossing; especially with the rapidly deteriorating weather and turned around. Anyway, I wouldn't mind attempting to run it again.

I'm up for getting a little dust on the tires this Tuesday so let me know what you guys decide on.

JT

Post subject: antidote for work-week
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:02 am 

tuesday at 10am at Casa Cozart is the plan to set transmissions with the proper speedometer adjustment so tom and i don't get a visit from Mr. LVMPD for speeding. after that, the day is open.
since Uncle Sam finally decided to refund me MY money, this is the last un-locked run for my Flying Monkey jeep.
if that time works for y'all, let's do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:15 am 
Site Admin

i had thought about doing kodacrome since jj was asking me about it and it's a fairly short trail that can be done in 2 or 3 hours. plus it's close and we don't need to drive far to pick it up. we could all meet at my place or pick you guys up at the shell station on lake mead blvd just before hollywood. shouldn't take more then an hour to get the transfer case speedo gears changed and jt's antenna tuned. a lot will depend on mother nature since there is a winter storm supposed to come in on tuesday. 8)

NVBROFC
Re-located from my beloved Mojave to Texas. Where did all the mountains go???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:10 am 

JT .. the water crossing in Rocky Gap I made pretty easily in my stocker. I went the day after the snow up there and after the crossing, say a mile after there wasa place that was nothign but mud and deep dips and bumps, too much for me. that was where I turned around.

If we wanna do Kodachrome that's cool with me. I'm up for anything!
If y'all are meeting at Casa Cozart for the antenna tune and whatnot, shall I just meet you all there? I guess just PM or email me the address.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:30 pm 

How "friendly" is kodachrome? I got a buddy from work who would like to go along. He is not worried about his 4-runner making it through
(evidently it is built up pretty nice,) but wondering if it would be easy enough to bring his yard apes along.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:14 am 
Site Admin

the trail rates a 1.5 and is 100% stock friendly & kid friendly. of the 3 trails out there it is the only one still open all the way thru and the only one that was more of a "jeep trail" as the other 2 were powerline/graded roads. 8)

NVBROFC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:02 pm 
Another great run, thanks Brad! And we didn't even break anything! :shock:

I can't wait to see the flex photos! Tom, please email those pics when you get a chance:

nutz4jeeps@yahoo.com

Looking forward to Arrow Canyon!

JT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:20 pm 

all the great trails and I haven't broken anything on the Jeep. Quite impressed with its performance.

so how ironic today that after all the abuse I've given the Jeep on the trail, not 1 minute after getting onto the highway a rock slams into my windshield, ruining it. I have a nasty star pattern on the lower right, and a crack going horizontally all the way the middle of it. gotta remember to lower that deductible....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:49 pm 
Site Admin

that sucks, jj. :( i know how it feels, i was bringing the red jeep home from the dealer and the windshield took a rock hit. by the way, to everyone that went today, i have the pictures burned to disc's so get in touch with me and you can pick them up. 8)

NVBROFC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:11 pm 

Great time today. Chodachrome is always a good run. I caught a rock about a month ago and had to get a new windshield. Part of the fun I guess. Thanks for everything, Brad. E-mail on the way, JT

"Zeek, I don't think we're in Kansas any more"
"If I only had a brain"