Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:37 pm 

Here are the pics from today's Matterhorn Run. Five brave Jeeps came out for the fun. It may not have been as exciting as Steve's day, we hope he's okay.

It was a really great day and I would like to thank all those who came along for sharing it with me.

Matterhorn Run Pics 03.19.06

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:39 am 

Thanks for the pics. Had fun and the pics don't do that hill justice. It was quite steep and off camber a-lot. :shock: I have a few pics I will post up soon also.
This was the first time I had to use my strap - :roll: and now need new exhaust after it took a beating. And some sliders would help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:42 am 

Yeah, Craig....agreed :shock:

Thanks for pulling me up that damn hill.....Thanks alot Rob!! Just kidding it was fun, although for Amy's first run I wasn't too smart...Oh well :lol:

Thanks for the pictures Joe!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:43 pm 

Al, I told her to stick to the club runs :lol: And she told me that her Grand would probably never see a dirt road- so she must have thought I was crazy dragging mine through all that junk :P Mine is a 98 so that makes a difference. 7 more years on hers and it will be ready for those trails :lol:
You just have to convince her to try a club run and I bet things will change. My wife said she will stick to those stock friendly trails from now on.

I forgot to ask Rob and Joe how they got that horse back in? Let me know we were interested but forgot to ask.
And that train was still in the same spot when I headed back home :x

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:45 pm 

I did try to tell her that, too. I think she'll go as long as we don't do any tough obstacles.

On a positive note, she did like the way Keith's YJ looked on the inside. She does understand more now why I'd like to get certain mods and buy certain things. So all in all, it worked for me! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:09 pm 

Al she told me she understands the need for Lockers now. Thats a plus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:38 pm 

Yeah man!! :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:13 pm 

Great pics Joe, looks like I missed a good run. As you know my XJ's not afraid of rocks. But on the other hand Morman Pass had it's excitement also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:10 pm 
Hi Guys! Just wanted to tell everyone we really had a great time meeting everyone and having a good time with you out on the trails. Thanks to Rob as always he is a great trail boss. Just saw Joe's pics posted -nice job Joe! Just to clear one little thing up - the Blue YJ Jeep is Lynn's. She is nice enough to let me drive it. She is also responsible for the color coordinated interior. If it was mine the money would have been spent on: front locker, rock bumpers, winch etc . You get the picture. I have a new view of Nevada Back Roaders. I have to admit I thought you folks just did the scenics runs. There is nothing wrong with that. We used to do a lot of scenic runs but once we got that adrenal rush of a steep waterfall or a narrow wash its hard to go back. We just like to climb some obstacles and get some thrills but at the same time we do not like to tear up our ride like some of our hard core friends in our club(VV4W). We picture ourselves somewhere in the middle. Thanks again and we be honored to run with you all again. I took some pics and video I just do not know where to post to share it. If anyone can help me with that it would be cool. Keith and Lynn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:02 pm 

Keith S wrote:
...I took some pics and video I just do not know where to post to share it. If anyone can help me with that it would be cool. Keith and Lynn

Thanks for coming along Keith and Lynn. It was nice having you there with us. I'm right with you on in-between. It's nice to go on the "Club Runs" because it gets you out with some really great people and you get to socialize, too. Then when there are "Fun Runs" anything can go from mild to somewhat mild, but not to the point of extreme unless you want to do that. In-between is a lot of fun. :wink:

As for pictures, you can host them at http://www.photobucket.com/ just like I did on this pic.

Then for video you can try http://www.putfile.com/ I know Rob has a few video's online through them. Give them a try. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:17 pm 

Bill wrote:
Great pics Joe, looks like I missed a good run. As you know my XJ's not afraid of rocks. But on the other hand Morman Pass had it's excitement also.

Thanks Bill, and yeah you did miss a good run, but I'm glad to hear that you had a good time at Mormon Pass. I'd say you guys surely did have your excitement though. I'm just glad to hear Scuba Steve is okay. :D That snow sure looked like a lot of fun. We could see the snowfall from a few areas on the trail. It was coving the mountains pretty good.

Doing the same obstacles as we did when we went through there a few weeks ago gave me the chance to test my deep tranny oil pan. It worked out fine, no running the sump dry causing the tranny to go into neutral while on the steep angles. Oh what a relief. :wink: Now I won't feel so worried in Moab. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:56 pm 

N2Deep wrote:
...I forgot to ask Rob and Joe how they got that horse back in? Let me know we were interested but forgot to ask.
And that train was still in the same spot when I headed back home :x

Thanks

Funny you should ask. After I advised the person at the house of the loose horse, I drove back down to meet back up with you guys. Rob and Keith were at the end of the fence line. They had found another gate, had it opened, and were chasing this young horse around. I saw them, stopped, and laughed as they ran this way and that way. They finally got it to come my way. It started to run toward me when it realized I was there then turned away from me then seeing Rob and Keith. The horse's only other choice was to go through the gate and it was home free. It was amazing. I think that young horse was so relieved that it was back with the others. I want to say thanks to Keith and Rob. I am an animal lover and I know that young horse was in fear and trying so desperately to get back with the other horses. I just wouldn't have had a great day knowing that it was loose. Thanks guys for not giving up and getting the horse back in the coral. Way to go!!! :mrgreen:

I wonder if the train was still running there with the door open and unsecured. Interesting to say the least. Well, if we ever go that way again or anyone leads a run through there, at least you know an alternate route to the trail. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:22 am 

I'm with you guys...right in the middle. Amy is at the scenic point. Next run I take her on will have to be more scenic and less extreme.

Funny thing though, when Amy saw the pictures of that real tippy spot her comment was..."that doesn't look so bad" :lol: I have to agree with Craig that the pictures didn't do that spot any justice. It was alot more tippy than it looked.

Quote:

Keith S Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:10 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys! Just wanted to tell everyone we really had a great time meeting everyone and having a good time with you out on the trails.

Keith, nice to meet you and Lynn. Hope to see you guys again!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:40 am 

OK got my pics done. I have a few videos to post also.
Matterhorn Trail

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:53 pm 

Craig, thanks for the pictures. Got some awesome shots!!