Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:31 pm 

This was the first time I had ever been to Wheeler Pass. We had always sklpped it because it was an "easy" trail. I must say that the ICE on some of the steeper hills was quite challenging.

We went in from the North and came out in Pahrump.

Here are 100 or so pics from our trip today.
http://reaudio.com/Offroading

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:43 pm 

David,,, it looks like you guys had a great day... You got into some real snow.. I liked the snowthings you built... but what's the pink beenie hat thing,, ?? It looked like a 'John Deere' logo... Did you do this on Sat. or today ?? You have to get out with the club soon... I liked the way you posted the pix,,, it was easy & guick to access,,, what was it ??

See ya on the trail.... Phil :mrgreen:

31" BFG Mud Terrains
NBOFC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:16 pm 

LV Cabbie wrote:
David,,, it looks like you guys had a great day... You got into some real snow.. I liked the snowthings you built... but what's the pink beenie hat thing,, ?? It looked like a 'John Deere' logo... Did you do this on Sat. or today ?? You have to get out with the club soon... I liked the way you posted the pix,,, it was easy & guick to access,,, what was it ??

See ya on the trail.... Phil :mrgreen:

John Deere... It's the "big thing" back in Mississippi. :)

This was today...03/11/06 Sunday. There was nothing but snow and ice all over the place. We had to back down (slide down) a couple of hills and start over. It was interesting to say the least. Definitely not the 1 rated trail it is in good weather. Easily a 3 going up those icy hills. I think the trail would have been easier if we came in from Pahrump, but what fun is that anyhow?

I posted the pics on our company website's server. It not like we use anywhere close to the space we have available so I leech it for personal use. ;)

I've been on one of the clubs fun runs, but just haven't been able to catch up for anything else so far. I'm sure we'll be out with you guys soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:51 pm 

David, thanks for clearing that up for me... I just don't associate "John Deere" with pink !!! As for the date,,, It thru me off a bit, as Sunday was the 12th..... By the way,, good lookin' rig... Looks like it will do the job !!! I like the way your company server presents the pix... It's very quick and has the close up feature,, really cool and fun to use... I went thru all the pix in about 20 min. Neat !!! To be honest with you, I would rather be climbing a hill and slip a little than coming down and start to slide out of control !!! I think you did it the right way :wink: At any rate hope to see ya on the 3-25 Club Run starting in Searchlight... By the way,,, that will be a Saturday.... lol Phil :mrgreen:

31" BFG Mud Terrains
NBOFC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:48 pm 

Cool pics....wish I could have gone....I love the snow!! :D