Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:17 pm 

If you missed this run, here are a few shots to check out.

http://photos.yahoo.com/afhanson72

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:43 am 

Hey thanks for the pics Al, I forgot my camera and have all the pics in my head. It was a good day and great people. The shortcut out of Logandale Trails made it a nice short day and enough time to hit Matterhorn Trail :D
That was a good test for my locker since I haven't been on anything too tough with it and it worked flawlessly and didn't have to use any of the go arounds :lol: . It sure made a few mad at me (Sheila) because it made the ZJ climb like a goat.
I hope someone got some good pics of the Bighorn sheep and their young- that was an awsome treat to see.
I guess everyone had enough gas to get to Vegas because I didn't see anyone at the reservation/sinclair station. See ya on the next trail

Need to plan a trip to Logandale Bowl trail and I will scout out more of the Logandale trail system and see if any new trails warrant a return trip to see something we missed.
Thanks for another good trip :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:03 am 

Yeah Craig, I agree. Thanks for leading it for us. That was my first time out to Logandale and the trails are great. The new lift and tires on my YJ worked awesome too! Now, I just need to get a rear locker installed as well.

Thanks to Rob, also for leading the Matterhorn run.

Catch ya later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:25 pm 

Thanks for the pics Al. I too forgot my camera. I enjoyed both Logandale and the Matterhorn.

After we got back, Sheila was surfing the net for lockers while I looked for roll cages. For those who weren't there or didn't hear, I almost put my Jeep on its lid backwards :shock:. I am sure that if I had been driving an automatic I would have but the clutch saved me. I made it clean the second time by adjusting the line and some good spotting by Bill and Rob. Thanks guys. I am herby naming/renaming that obstacle, Pucker Factor, because I don't think my seats will ever be the same again :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:13 pm 

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:25 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the pics Al. I too forgot my camera. I enjoyed both Logandale and the Matterhorn.

After we got back, Sheila was surfing the net for lockers while I looked for roll cages. For those who weren't there or didn't hear, I almost put my Jeep on its lid backwards . I am sure that if I had been driving an automatic I would have but the clutch saved me. I made it clean the second time by adjusting the line and some good spotting by Bill and Rob. Thanks guys. I am herby naming/renaming that obstacle, Pucker Factor, because I don't think my seats will ever be the same again

I agree the stick saved your lid, are you out of the doghouse yet? Maybe you should be in an XJ, we did good in the rocks but that 2 wheel drive hillclimbings gotta stop.Taryol wasn't to excited about those downhills in reverse. Thanks Craig and Rob for a very cool run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:53 pm 

Yeah, I am out of the dog house. She was more scared than mad. She would have been better off if she had gotten out before I gave it a shot.

Have you figured out what the problem was with your front end? I don't think I would have liked backing down the hills either. Just watching from outside was exciting. I can imagine it was for you as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:05 pm 

Here are a few pics of the Big Horn Sheep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:56 pm 

Here's the link to the pictures that I took. I have a new camera and it took a lot longer to do than before. I didn't get any great action shots like Al did. :( Thanks Al for getting the one of me with one wheel in the air, that was cool. 8) There's a bunch on there though.

Thanks Craig for showing us a great time through Logandale. I never knew those trails were there, and they were a lot of fun.

Thanks to Rob for showing us the Matterhorn trail, too. That was really cool.

Thanks to all that went. I sure have a great time wheelin' with you all. :D

Logandale and Matterhorn Pics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:29 am 

Joe, your pictures were great. Thanks for getting them uploaded so quickly. Now, i can show the family what we do!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:35 pm 

Have you figured out what the problem was with your front end
Quote:
Andy02

No I haven't figured out whats ailing my front end yet. But I'm about to go out and yank my axle shafts out to check them. I suspect the collar that engages the outer shaft and the intermediate shaft may be stripped or cracked, so I need to check that and the axle splines for damage. On a different note did you say you had a Wilson antenna you weren't using ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:37 pm 

Some day I'll figure out how to make this computor do what I want it to, just can't get the highlighted box where I want it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:00 pm 

Yeah, I have a Wilson "Silver load" that I am not using. It is a 5 ft antenna with a tunable tip. I also have a 3 ft firestik that does not have a tunable tip. It was once tuned to my TJ but may still be long enough to tune to your Jeep.