Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mar 4/5
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:24 pm 

FYI, I was at Frys yesterday and they had a really neat (UP-SCALE) set of radio's for $59.99. I almost bought them but brad said the small ones that I had acquired for "Motor-home" "directions from WIFE" (while parking) is the ones that are ok. I didn't find the ones that I have, have a lot of range..................?
For Scuba Steve I may get in Ash Springs late morning/early afternoon Saturday - I hope this is a full 2 day event - Saturday will almost be shot for me unless things change??? Let me know where to find you???
And if I understood correctly you will be working on Channel one LSB????? (Pardon my ignorance!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:02 am 
While I'm the Vegas Valley meeting this Wednesday, the plans for this weekend's mapping trip will be finalized. I'll have the directions for the turnoff and meeting times, etc. I'll post this as soon as I get home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:17 am 

Stan and Cathy will be there we are coming up Fri. the 3rd toooooo cold to go camping, alamo motel/meadow lane come home monday so we be jeeeepin sat and sunday, we have the megallan roadmate 700 and the garmin legend, and we will be ready to party saturday night yep yep yep :lol:

NBRR / NBMC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:01 pm 

Depending on the weather Friday, I might be going up Friday afternoon too. They keep changing their mind on what day it might rain, or snow. :roll:

So far they say 50 for the highs and mid 20's for the lows.

At least dust shouldn't be an issue :D

1978 IH Scout II Lifted, locked, blah,blah,blah.
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Her car.
1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:33 pm 
The directions for the turnoff are as follows: Drive like you're heading to Caliente/ Pioche (U.S.93), then approx. 7 miles past Alamo (give or take) you will see a sign that says " river ranch road". You should be driving slow by now and watching for this sign. About 100 feet past that sign is a turn off to the right (east). There are a couple of white markers there with red stripes on them. This is where you turn and you should be able to see a group of motorhomes parked about a half mile up on the left. I'll try to put some surveyors tape up for those who are coming up Saturday morning. Try to make it there by 8:00 am. or come up Friday and camp with the rest of us. It's about a 2 hour drive from Las Vegas. We'll be monitoring CB channel 4. If you miss the turn, you'll end up in Ash Springs about a mile and a half down the road and will have to turn around. We'll be doing this Sat. and Sun. and will be out most of the day so make sure to bring supplies. It'll be alot of fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:25 pm 

what kind of turn out do you think we will have????????????????

NBRR / NBMC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:13 pm 
Mostly Vegas Valley members. Maybe around 10? Just a guess, probably more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:31 pm 
Approx.... GPS co-ords for the right turn off from US 93 are N37 26.592 W115 11.101. Then 3/4 of a mile up the dirt road make a left turn towards the motorhomes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:05 pm 

10 people total or 10 from NB? BTW when you headed up Steve?

1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:14 pm 
at least 10 from vegas valley. maybe 4 from nb. These are just guesses. I don't have a set time for leaving yet. Sometime before 1:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:23 pm 
Thanks Gary, Art, Stan and Andy S. for helping with this new trail ( scuba gap :D ). I had fun breaking a new trail, hope you guys did too. See you next trip.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:41 pm 

Wait a minute, Scuba Gap? I for one shall remember it as Ram's Head, in honor of my new pet. The dog's like him, the cats hate him, and the wife thinks he's cool. Plus he doesn't eat much, so I think we'll keep him :wink:

An it was a fun outing.

1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:41 am 
Glad your new pet is working out so well although he was a little loosely connnected at first. I like the ones that stay put where you leave them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:03 pm 
Here's a note from Dean @ Vegas Valley. All of you that were with me might like to read how they made out.

All,

We now have an upper entrance to Pebble Creek. Credits listed below!

Not for the faint hearted or those that have a fear of sliding uncontrollably down a 400ft drop :)

Many thanks to Scuba Steve and his gang (Nevada Backroaders/VV4W) for finding and cutting a path about 2/3rds of the way there!!!!!

Next to our own (insane) (that looks easy) (let Mikey do it) (Toy roller) Dave for cutting a path up the next ridge. One NASTY ridge!

Next to Doc for guiding and spotting us through some "interesting" boulder areas.

We wheeled all except the last .9 miles (and about 1,000 ft down) bit of it. Walking sucks!

We need about 3 extra strong (strapping) gents with breaker bars to move a 'few' rocks. We're thinking an early start 3/12 (Sunday). Leave camp about 7:30 ish am. If we take the highway, we can be to the 'issue' part in about 45 minutes.

The loop in the middle of the map is Pebble Creek.It drops into the wash about 400 ft. above where we normally drop in.

Many thanks to everyone!... Dean