Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:27 pm 

Sorry just found out I am off.....Ok never done this trail, but in the great basin book page 72 the trail is 23 miles from las vegas and 15 miles long the book says from a class 1.5 to a brief 3 I would like to do this with more than one jeep but I am going with or without if you want to join me meet at 95 north and kyle canyon Rd as soon as you turn on kyle canyon road there is a parking area on the right will be there at 0900 will leave at 0930 the trail starts at kyle canyon road 9.9 miles from Highway 95 and ends up on Highway 95 by the book it is mostly class 2 we will be going thru Grapevine Canyon the book says there are a lot of Joshua trees and Yucca trees.......This should be fun we are bring a snack it sould take about I figure 3 hours...this is what the book says except for the first few hundred yards that are class 3 the dirt road portion of this outing is almost entirely cass 2..Lets do a pree Valentines day in the dirt.......

NBRR / NBMC

Last edited by Stan&Cathy on Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:23 pm 

Hey Stan, I wish I could make that run with you. :( I have to work and besides, my Jeep is in the shop getting some work done. :evil:

I was just through Grapevine not too long ago. Grapevine is a nice trail that takes you to the powerline road and back to 95. There is one spot that is washed out pretty bad, but you could make it. I thought that I had some pictures, but I don't. I do have a video of me going through the wash, and because I filmed it, a better shot of my buddy Rob going through the same wash. Showing off of course. :D

Just thought that I would share that with you, and have a great time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:17 am 

I was just there and it is/was really bad at Grassy Springs. It's cake till there, a 1 at the worst IMO, I never even put it in 4X. Grassy looks to be where the video Joe has. I hiked up the road to the spring and decided it wasn't a wise thing to do all by myself. Looked as if the last thing through there was a dirt bike and that had been awhile before. I went back out and in from the other side to see what it was like back to the Lucky Strike road (from the north) and it was just as easy till you get to the spring at Grassy. If you go early enough, you should see some wild horses. Grassy is about the best source for them right now and they are all over there at the right time of day. It really is a nice run, if we could get the area around Grassy knocked down some, it'd make a great club run.

There's one road that takes off the left about halfway (from the south) I want to check out and maybe run through Grassy once I have a front locker. :wink:

1978 IH Scout II Lifted, locked, blah,blah,blah.
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Her car.
1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:20 am 

Dangit!
I was dying to go wheeling today, but didnt have anyone to go with. :(