Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fom Run
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:39 pm 

Anyone else tired of sitting around not getting out in the dirt? Of club runs in Ely that you cant afford the time or money to make? How about a fun run locally. I'm open to suggestions. Keyhole Canyon to Knob Hill, to Colorado River. Chloride AZ run the hard way. Bighorn sheep rd in AZ.
All stock 4wd Vehicles are able to do these runs. Post here if you are interested or have another run you would like to do.
Thanks, Dusty

Post subject: Re: Fom Run
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:31 am 
Site Admin

The easiest and quickest way to bring the Club Runs back to Las Vegas is to find someone to be the new Trailboss. I was faced with having to make to decision to host runs myself due to no Trailboss or to disband the Club.

Rubicon Bob
Club President
Rescue Ranger
NBMC / NBCC
03 Rubi/2017 Grand Cherokee
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:27 pm 

I give up... what's a "Fom Run"? lol!

I hear ya Dusty, I miss going out in the dirt too. Unfortunately we have no Trail Boss to oversee the runs, no matter who's leading them.
And that is the main problem... we can't get anyone to lead a run. I can't blame Jack Ross for giving up the title, it was costing him an arm and a leg in gas. I thought about taking it back myself, just to keep things rolling, but the boss said no and I really didn't want to anyway. I remember when I first heard Jack say he was going to give it up, I started talked it up during club meetings. I did almost everything to get someone to lead runs, except offer to pay them. :roll: Jack and I both offered to help anyone lead a run, but no one would volunteer. Jack even offered to continue to lead some runs, but didn't want to do it all the time. I haven't led any lately because I'm afraid I'd get stuck leading all of them again. And if that's the case, I might as well be Trail boss again and that might put my happy home in jeopardy. I will be more than happy to go on a run with you anytime you want Dusty and help anyone else that wants to go. I just won't be in the capacity of Trail Boss.

Now this part may ruffle some feathers, but it was brought to my attention by club members and I feel it should be mentioned...
I've noticed over the last 6 months to a year, fewer people have been showing up for club runs. From time to time, we would get someone new show up, but not that often. Turnout was also pretty bad too. Quite often we were lucky if we had 4 to 6 vehicles. When we discussed this matter at the meetings, I was informed by the newer members that we are hard to find on the internet. They said that our club is the type of club that the majority of 4 wheelers are looking for. But when when someone new moves into the area and looks on line for a club, that don't see the Nevada BackRoaders. They check the first couple of pages and see other clubs in the area, but not us. They usually find us on the third or fourth page and aren't impressed with the look of our website either.
Well that's my 2 cents folks, I've been as honest as I can.

John 8)

NBSC
NBOFC
NBORV

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:00 pm 

A fom run is what you get when you type in the dark, and don't read what you write. I left this up for over a week, almost 200 views, but you see the replies. i guess no one else wants to go on a run. I'm going to go on 11/25 to run chloride. I'm asking a couple friends who want to go. You are welcome to go and have a good time in the dirt with us. We will meet up at Green Valley Grocery, Wagon wheel and 93 at 8:30 roll 8:45. anyone who wants to show up, post here.