Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Logandale 03/12/11
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:04 pm 

Morning Everyone,

A couple of friends and I (stockish-slightly modified vehicles) are headed out to Logandale this Saturday morning to do the Matterhorn Trail, Dunes (and maybe the Shredder Trail). We've never been, so there will be a lot of exploring with no real agenda, other than the obstacles on the trail noted above. Look for an FJ, Nismo Frontier and my Jeep YJ. Will roll out of the Petro by 8:30 and need to be back in town by 2PM. If anyone wants to join us or be a guide for the day, post up so we can expect you. A knowledgeable spotter is always welcome! See you on the trails.

Oliver

Post subject: Re: Logandale 03/12/11
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:55 pm 

We set out on the Matterhron Trail and was following tracks downnloaded from another website. We ended up on the Hawkins Trail that headed west/southwest. Got up the first waterfall, followed the trail south then ended up at what looked like a quarry with a gate blocking the road that was paved on the other side.

Did we completely miss it? Not go far enough? Planning on going again this next saturday. Thoughts anyone. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:22 pm 

Yup you missed it - Did you come through Logandale Trails? Last time we drove around the gate but don't quite remember - it was with Hump N Bump. I have been that way once but normally come in from the moapa exit and follow the train tracks in. Not sure if they have things blocked off or not.

I am booked this coming weekend otherwise I would join ya. Either heading to LA or camping in Gold Butte.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:44 am 

After downloading my GPS info and comparing it with the Bowl Trail, looks like I didn't go far enough. Approached in from the Logandale Trails area. If I had just gone past the gate and driven for another .5 miles I would have seen it then connected with the Bowl Trail. I'm going to give it another go this Saturday. If anyone is staying in town and not going on the club run and would like to give it another go let me know.

Thanks!