Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:41 pm 

I’m planning on doing a camping/wheeling trip on September 12th and 13th. I’m going to wheel around Kingman and the Hualapai mountains Saturday (9/12). Camp in the Hualapai’s that night, the temps will be around 50-60 degrees at night. Then I’m going to stop by Chloride Arizona on Sunday (9/13) and hit a 4x4 trail there before heading back to Vegas. I’ll probably leave Vegas around 8 or 9am on 9/12 and be back in Vegas early afternoon 9/13.

Kingman trails:
Stuff I’ve done as a kid growing up so I don’t know the official names, but all of the trails are stock 4x4 friendly. What I’m planning on is a combination of three shorter trails that totals about 10 miles. The highlights are some mud formed by a small spring, washes, a few hill climbs, and some cool mining structures.

If time allows and people want we can add Gaddis Spring Loop. I have never run this but I read about it in an off road book and it states: “Challenging road with steep grades, deep ruts, old mines, and majestic views”. It is 6.3 miles long and rated a 3.5 difficulty. It is a loop so if someone doesn’t want to run it they can park their truck and ride with someone else.

Hualapai campsite:
http://www.hikercentral.com/campgrounds/100687.html

Chloride Trail:
http://www.expeditionswest.com/adventures/2004/chloride/index.html

open to anyone interested in joining for a day or the whole trip