Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:12 am 

Hey, nice pics Allan!!!

Wow, what a turnout for this run. :o I don't recall the exact number but I think it was 22? Someone correct me if I'm wrong...please...!!! :wink:

First off I want to thank Tom and Steve for leading the second and third groups today. You both did a fine job and I appreciate your assistance. Secondly, I want to thank all those who came out on the run. It just goes to show that we all just want to spend some time with good friends, make some new friends, and spend some time in the dirt. It was nice meeting the newbies, too. I hope you can come out on a run with us again real soon.

Oh, and Aimee, I hope your Yota is feeling better soon...keep us up to date on it's status. I'd be interested to know what happened and what caused it to run like it was. Also...GO STEELERS!!!

Thanks for a fun day on the trails everyone, and the time spent at the Mad Greeks for eats and drinks. A great way to end the day.

Until next time...keep on wheelin'
Pics coming soon!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:13 am 

i finally made it home just now from the run (and the toyota dealership). thanx to everyone who helped me out sooooo much today! hope to see you guys soon. and i hope my truck is not too expensive to fix! thanx again and it was nice meeting all of you, aimee.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:15 am 

Oh yeah, go Steelers!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:18 am 

ill try not to repeat too many pics =P
beer barrel

water pump

lava flow

lunch break

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:21 am 

close up lava

lava tube

zorro wishing he could go into the lava tube

grave

horsing around

me getting stuck like a noob

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:34 am 

Oh yeah, that was a great trip. Even my Mom had a blast. Joe, it was my pleasure attempting to lead the 3rd group. a few wrong turns, lots of backing up, a couple "where the hell are we?"s and an overall groovy time. Well, except for the whole truck breaking down thing. That was a major bummer for Aimee. I hope it's a quick, cheap fix for you Aimee. Don't worry, you weren't an imposition on anybody. We would have done it for anybody. We don't leave anyone stranded.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:15 am 

Thank you Joe for organizing this fun run. Also, thank you Steve for leading group three. We made a few wrong turns, drove in reverse part of the way and took trails to no-where...sounds pretty typical for a Nevada Backroaders run. It was a fun joy in the dirt exploring our great country. Too bad it will be my last run for a while. I'll miss all of you while I'm at Osan AB, South Korea.

Aimee...hopefully your trucks technical difficulties don't discourage you from coming on runs in the future. This club is a lot of fun and you can see a lot of interesting things with them.

Greg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:12 pm 

YESTERDAY WAS A BLAST!!! The wrong turns and reverses were just part of the fun, and that's what was cool about Group 3- just a great bunch of people!

Special note to Aimee: Don't feel embarassed- stuff like this happens all the time, and you've always got support. Don't give up on the Tacoma- they are great off-roaders, I've got the same year as you have, and yours is set up well. Unfamiliar people and unfamiliar terrain yesterday, and you handled it by yourself very well...besides, judging by your face in the rear view mirror through the sandy whoops and stutter-bump section, You were having fun, weren't ya!!

Thanks Steve, Thanks Joe, Awesome, Awesome day!

'06 Rubi- really, really ORANGE!
'02 Tacoma 4x4 TRD
WWJJD?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:35 pm 

Here is the link to the pics I took of the day.

Just click the pic...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:35 am 

Joe: Thanks for a great day in the dirt. Great weather,good people and nobody got damaged. A special thanks to Tom for leading Group 2, it's no fun unless we make a few wrong turns along the way.

Frank

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:03 pm 

Hey everyone. I got the truck back this afternoon. Turns out, it was a pre-existing condition. The mass air flow sensor needed replaced, so i got that done and she's ready to go. So hope to see you all on the next run!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:47 pm 

zima22al wrote:
Hey everyone. I got the truck back this afternoon. Turns out, it was a pre-existing condition. The mass air flow sensor needed replaced, so i got that done and she's ready to go. So hope to see you all on the next run!

Awesome!! Glad to hear it was an easy fix!!! It's amazing how a small, electronic component can create so much havoc for the rest of the engines components. Better the MAF sensor than something mechanical or internal...until the next run!!! :wink: Thanks for the update, too!!