Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:31 pm 

ok I'm taking up donations for a new mirror,door,window frame..well at least i didn't buy that bottle of patrone first...l0l that would of put me over the edge....grrrrr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:24 pm 

Rob wrote:
ok I'm taking up donations for a new mirror,door,window frame..well at least i didn't buy that bottle of patrone first...l0l that would of put me over the edge....grrrrr

I've got a spare penny...LOL Yeah, somehow a broken bottle of Patrone would have been bad, really bad. That would have been a waste of some really good stuff. :P

Anyway, here's the link to my pics. I had four vids but they didn't upload correctly so I'll have to try it again.

Click the pic...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:14 am 

Hey Rob I may find a rock or two in my shoes from yesterday if you think that will help the cause. Everyone did a great job. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. I really didn't think we were going to have as much karnage as we did but that is a part of wheeling the tuff trails. I will post my pics late this afternoon.
Jamie

Pics

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandin ... leid=en_US

Video

http://good-times.webshots.com/video/30 ... 1253QefEUh

Dana 20
4in SUA
35" BFG MT's

"Drinks gasoline like a fat kid drinks Kool-aid"

Post subject: Photos
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:54 am 

Hi all -
I'm looking at my 345 photos - at 1.45 Gig. Is there a place online that will host that big of a grouping? I usually only post about 10 or so pictures because they are so big (with a 2G chip, I usually keep it on the best settings, with each picture about 3MB each) on my own site.
Of course, if there is a way to reduce the file size - besides editing each one in Photoshop - I'll post more with a smaller file size.
I see different places to host, but some of them retain the right to use the pictures elsewhere or to sell them (not that these are priceless....but....) or have small file size permissions.
If I know of a why to reduce the file size of the pictures I'll upload more (and keep the originals for those that want the full size). Right now I'm just looking at a few of them and will upload a few this afternoon after I've edited them in Photoshop.
Be patient...they'll be up there!
Issak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:26 pm 

Isaak,

I talked to Joe and he recommended Webshots (which most of us have and love) or Smug Mug.

Hopefully this helps!

Jodi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:55 pm 

afhanson72 wrote:
Ditto for me Jaime!! I wish I hadn't left early, but Rockbottom was fun.
wish I left earley...lol. Hey I found a new mirror on ebay today for 20 bucks..Anybody Know of a good body shop? to fix the door?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:12 am 

Rob wrote:
wish I left earley...lol. Hey I found a new mirror on ebay today for 20 bucks..Anybody Know of a good body shop? to fix the door?

No need to fix the door, run doorless. Sheila and I did it for around two years. Even in the cold with the heater cranked, it is not that bad. If you have to have doors, you can usually pick up a set on Ebay for around $400 to $1000 depending on what you are looking for (i.e. half or full) I would bet that that is cheaper than the cost of having whatever damage you have fixed.

NBMC/CC/MP/LD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:09 am 

Hmm come to think of it I do know of a blue jeep sitting around collecting dust...with half doors..I wonder if the care taker can be bribed.herd a rumor that he just bought a house and would do anything for a few bucks :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:15 am 

Rob wrote:
afhanson72 wrote:
Ditto for me Jaime!! I wish I hadn't left early, but Rockbottom was fun.

I have had my Grand and my wife's T-bird repaired at 911 Collision on Charleston at 15. They did a bang up job.

Post subject: Re: Photos
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:16 am 

Issak wrote:
Hi all -
I'm looking at my 345 photos - at 1.45 Gig. Is there a place online that will host that big of a grouping? I usually only post about 10 or so pictures because they are so big (with a 2G chip, I usually keep it on the best settings, with each picture about 3MB each) on my own site.
Of course, if there is a way to reduce the file size - besides editing each one in Photoshop - I'll post more with a smaller file size.
I see different places to host, but some of them retain the right to use the pictures elsewhere or to sell them (not that these are priceless....but....) or have small file size permissions.
If I know of a why to reduce the file size of the pictures I'll upload more (and keep the originals for those that want the full size). Right now I'm just looking at a few of them and will upload a few this afternoon after I've edited them in Photoshop.
Be patient...they'll be up there!
Issak

Ok.....Issak, we are all waiting to see pictures of Rob's damage, those of us that were not there, that is! LOL :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:35 am 

ok after watching this video i dont feel so bad now..

http://break.com/index/4x4-flips-down-mountain.html

Post subject: Pictures
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:26 pm 

Hi all -
OK, I did upload the pictures to Webshots. Problem is I did it to the wrong folder. I sent them to my Haywood Family folder, after having issues with attempting to get the pictures uploaded in the first place here at the school.
So I've uploaded the pictures, but I can't provide the link because my school's Web filter say's it's a provocative site. That and I don't know how to move all the photos from one folder (Haywood Family) to another Logandale 2008.04.13 folder. So I'll be doing that this evening.

But, I've uploaded the pictures. They're there.....so if you go to Webshots and can do a search, my user name is TheocratIssak. I uploaded about 55 or so of the 345 pictures - just because of the bandwidth limits. If you see anything that you would like the ones that surround the picture (their all numbered) or an original, please let me know and I'll upload it to my personal site.
Issak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:28 pm 

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563103098lKyRUn

Lil help for ya. Dont ask how to put the lil pic up like Joe cuz I got no idea.
Jamie

Dana 20
4in SUA
35" BFG MT's

"Drinks gasoline like a fat kid drinks Kool-aid"

Post subject: OMG
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:03 pm 

Rob, Can't believe you rolled your jeep! I'm glad YOU are okay!

Marla

Post subject: Webshots
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:52 pm 

Hi all -
OK, so I had to redo some stuff. It doesn't seem like you can move pictures from one album to another (if you can, please let me know how to do that or where to find that kind of information). So I just deleted my Haywood pictures and renamed a folder.
In all, the Logandale pictures are up. Thanks for your, all, I really do appreciate it.
http://community.webshots.com/user/Theo ... =community
That should be where they're at in the Logandale 2008.04.13 Folder.
Issak