Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:44 pm 

Thanks for the replys! I'm just trying to get a feel for the trail rating system. Unfortunately I can't afford to have my "daily driver" out of commission because I got a little too brave out on the trail.

Joanne

Post subject: Pictures Uploaded
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:45 am 

Hi all -
Now that I have Webshots, I'm starting to upload my pictures.
I've finally uploaded the pictures from this Fun Run. It's called Fun Run 2008.03.08. I didn't have time last night to make any notes or anything, and it seems that my office has blocked opening many of the pictures because it's a social networking site, so I won't be able to add comments to the folder until later.
I don't know what the name of the run was called or where we went exactly. I know the the little mining town was called Techatticup Mines because the students at Dawson got to go on a field trip the very next week to that town and I saw pictures of the little general store (I tried to be able to tag along - I had too much work they said). Then we went to the cove. After which we went somewhere else.
At the opening of this topic it was said we might go to Elizabeth Wash and a few other places. I'd just like to know where we went.
Mike have you uploaded the GPS info? Without a GPS is there a way I can see our trail as a JPG or such so that I can then draw it on my Map Book?

Below is the notes that I have regarding the trip which I will use to post for the folder options (Please Correct Me if I'm Wrong):

NvBkRders - Fun Run 2008.03.08

Mike & Elisabeth set up and led the run.
Lucy - Green Rubi
Jeepin' Joe - Yellow TJ X (Moab Jeep Mag)
Marla & Ammy and their Jack Russell Terrier - Red 2001 Wrangler
Kurt - Big White Cherokee
Bill - White Cherokee
Issak & Christy (Evil WifeFIEND) and Dusty Rose the Chihuahua - Blue Wrangler

Met at Railroad Pass at 830pm, drove out towards Laughlin, NV and made the left turn towards Nelson. Followed that towards the little town of Techatticup Mines (really nice place), and followed a trail to nowhere. A very easy trail.
Turned around and followed a graded road - yet still bumpy and dusty to a little spot for a nice picnic at the Colorado River.

Again, since I can't access the folders from the school - here's my main page: http://community.webshots.com/user/TheocratIssak

Be Well,
Issak