Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CJ Parts
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:52 pm 

A gentleman in my neighborhood just completed and sold a frame off restoration of a 1982 CJ with an Iron Duke motor (50 miles on it). I explored it today for 45 minutes (it took that long to look at all of the detail) after he loaded it on the trailer for delivery. It started as a pile of pieces in someone's garage ("Seriously Dennis, there is a Jeep in there", he was told.) It is better than factory fresh. Stainless steel bolts and nuts, over engineered, 2" lift, mild body armor, custom fab steel bumpers, winch, gorgeous interior with color matched bedliner sprayed on entire floor and side of bed/tailgate, boxed frame, completely new suspension, interior of boxed frame rails coated with rust inhibitor, amazing paint, hardtop perfectly fitted, incredible. A show piece. I was on a run and did not have a camera..so sad for that. It has found a new home, there goes the neighborhood....

Anyway, he has some pieces left over. I do not have the complete inventory, but I can walk around the corner and knock on the door if anyone needs CJ parts if you PM your contact info and he can call you. I also told Dennis to post up here if he can.

He specifically mentioned he has a black pleated seat interior, for high back seats. Not seat covers, but true upholstery requiring hog rings. Also a slightly used Besttop, and likely other pieces.

I've seen some of his other frame off restorations, just a craftsman. I told him if the other guy backs out, bring the trailer to my house, I'll buy it. So far, the doorbell is silent....

Gary

Post subject: Re: CJ Parts
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:38 pm 

Gary:
Is this a CJ5 or CJ7?
My brother needs a top for his 1981 CJ7 - if the top will fit his '81 CJ7, he might be interested.

Thanks,
Dale

35" BFG's

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:27 pm 

Hi Dale - I'll run him down this week and find out.

Thanks - Gary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:23 pm 

Hi Dale - the top is for a CJ5, so no luck there. I need to go over and take a more detailed look at what else he has.

Thanks - Gary