Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:08 am 

I've had this gun for a few years, and it has served me well. It's great for rabbits and quail, and I took my first deer back in Mane with one of these and some buckshot. It's a single-shot, so your skills have to be honed well. It's extremely simple, light weight, and rugged. It's at the top of this web page:

http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Shotguns ... rYouth.asp

I'm giving it up, and getting the youth model (also on the same web page), because that model is a bit shorter and lighter. For a short, light person like me, any reduction in size and weight is a boon. Even a light gun gets dang heavy and awkward after carrying it around in the brush for hours.

This gun has an ugly gash on the stock. I dropped it on a rock last season (note: it didn't go off. That's a sign of a good gun), and the stock cracked. Spurlock's Gun Shop in Henderson (great place) fixed it no charge. The stock is now stronger than ever, it just doesn't have any stain or varnish on the seam. That could be remedied.

Anyway, it's a great, simple, fun gun. I'll take the best offer. I'll even throw in a hunting lesson or two. If you've read my other posts, you know I'm passionate about REAL hunting, which is a MUCH different activity than most non-hunters (and even some hunters) think it is.