Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:37 pm 

I just put a 3" lift and new rubber on my TJ so I have some spare parts that I don't need in the garage.

1) 4 Firestone Destination AT's (30x9.5x15) mounted on stock 15x7 rims + one rim only. The tires have about 25K miles on them and have good tread. They were rotated every 6K miles. The rims are the aluminum sport rims that came on the X model. They are in good shape with only a couple small scrapes. $200, obo

2) One set of Quik Grip snow chains, part # QG2229. They fit the 30x9.5x15 tires above. They have less than 100 miles on them with very little wear. When they were on the Jeep, they were in the snow. I have cut 2 links off of the ends so that they would fit without anything dangling or needing to be tied back. If you're interested we'll have to verify that they fit properly. $30, obo

3) Teraflex 2" Budget Boost" Lift. Fits a 97-06 TJ. It was installed new last August. $50, obo

Post subject: Lift
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:41 pm 

Hi all -
ControlFreak - It doesn't snow here very often. But I can see picking them up. For the occasional snow that we get and desire to get to Wheelers Pass (unless a No Fear Nissan Titan is standing stuck in the way).
The Budget Boost - what is that? I don't have a lot of money and $50 for a 2" lift seems up my ally. Is it easy to install, or is it that you are just selling a lift for $50 something that will end up costing me $3000?
Thanks,
Issak

Post subject: Re: Lift
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

Issak wrote:
The Budget Boost - what is that? I don't have a lot of money and $50 for a 2" lift seems up my ally. Is it easy to installThanks,
Issak

A budget boost for a TJ is basically a 2" spring spacer. Easy to install. Just place on top of the spring. Of course, you have to remove the spring to get it in first.

Rubicon Bob
Club President
Rescue Ranger
NBMC / NBCC
03 Rubi/2017 Grand Cherokee
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:04 pm 

Hi all -
OK, certainly seems up my alley.
Is this something that is difficult to install? I know what a screw driver looks like but I had to have someone else install my CB (just to give a range of my abilities). Is there a place that would install this for me? Or Backroaders that do this sort of stuff on non-dirt weekends in which I could learn the installation process (with either payment or pizza and beer).
It's evident that I don't know enough and am just learning the tight ropes of Jeep Management...which is so much harder to learn than Dirt Management.
Thank you for you answers, Bob. I do appreciate it.
Issak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:13 pm 
Site Admin

if you look in the truck build forum i think you'll find there is one scheduled for next saturday. get in contact with ed and the guys and i'm sure they'll help you out. we've done so many spacer lifts on tj's it's almost becoming known as a backroaders lift around town. 8)

NVBROFC
Re-located from my beloved Mojave to Texas. Where did all the mountains go???

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:19 pm 

I just saw that..and posted about having the lift done.
So if it's the "Backroaders Lift" it should be something that is easily done, but also something that can be done and works well enough?
Guess the WifeFIEND will be upping my allowance a bit!
Issak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:33 pm 
Site Admin

the idea of a spacer lift on a tj is it's a quick and easy way to gain about 2" in height which will clear 32" tires no problem and some are running 33" tires with a little rub at full stuff into the wheel wells. however, rather then a stiffer aftermarket spring you are keeping the stock ride. the only issue is some rigs get some driveline whobble after and some don't. the wobble can be corrected with a transfer case drop kit for a few $$ more. it is reccomended that you get longer bump stops down the road to help keep those bigger tires out of the sheetmetal. ed and the gang will explain all that to you better f2f. 8)

NVBROFC
Re-located from my beloved Mojave to Texas. Where did all the mountains go???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:49 pm 

Hi all -

3) Teraflex 2" Budget Boost" Lift. Fits a 97-06 TJ. It was installed new last August. $50, obo - Does this also include the shock absorbers that are needed as well? Just determining what other things may or may not be needed to make this work on my '03 TJ.

Right now I only have 31" tires. I just bought them too - in June - and last Monday yet another one after blowing the side wall while messin' around after Wheelers Pass. I know the WifeFIEND is "not" going to let me spend yet another $600 for a set of new tires. So the tires will have to stay 31", and if that makes it look "stoopid" or won't make much of a difference then I suppose that I may not take these.
Good thing I have all you knowledgeable people to rely upon!
I do appreciate it. In my old hobby, of D&D, I had all the toys, had all the people come over to my house and knew all the rules. Startin' new is rough!
Thanks,
Issak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:46 pm 

Issak,

The lift does not include shocks. It does include the bump stop extensions. If your 03 is still on the stock shocks, your probably past due for a new set anyway and you'll notice a big difference in the ride/handling.

As for need - lift is never a bad thing.

I had 30" tires on my Jeep with the 2" lift and it looked good. Your 31's will look even better.

You will need to add a couple links back into the chains for them to fit on you 31's.

Let me know what you would like to do. The lift and/or chains are yours if you want them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:59 pm 

Issak,

I saw where you are going to be at tomorrows ride. Wanda and I are planning on being there as well. I'll bring the lift with me just incase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:50 pm 

Lift is sold.

Issak is moving up a couple inches (well his jeep is at least). :D

Last edited by Kevin & Wanda on Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:05 pm 

hey Issak, I'll keep you in mind if you want some good 32s in the semi-near future....less than a year old, a few miles on them, LOTS of good tread left, even after a TON of highway and off-roading. and you wont have to spend 600 on them.

there's nothing this club does than the ol' hand-me-down method of improving your rig. :D

here they are.

FYI -- I have a 2 inch suspension lift and no bumpstop extensions. the driver side tire is stuffed into the wheel well with about .25 inch left before I hit the bumpstops. I need a body lift to compensate, but I'm going to 33s soon.

if you get a driveline wobble, you can also rotate the rear pinion angle.

ɹǝʌo ǝɯ ןןoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı