Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Goodsprings and the BLM
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

I know some of us like to go out behind Mt. Potasi to the Goodsprings area. I received this from Jenny @ TK. I know this is late notice, but it is happening in our own backyard.

I don't normally post here, but when we were out wheeling yesterday, Saturday, in the Goodsprings area we saw these signs taped (see below)to ALL the electric poles we past.

"Do you like wheeling here? Like using your motorcycle and quad here? Then go to this meeting! We need people to come out in numbers and have our voices heard." BLM wants to sell property in the area to private companies if there is no use being shown of the area.

Maybe you don't like politics, but WE need to stand up and make our numbers shown! I don't understand alot of politics for land use stuff, but I love to wheel, scenic or hard core, and I am willing to fight for what we have here in Nevada. We are lucky for what we have here.

Please, what I am asking is for bodies to show up to the BLM meeting on Tuesday, 5-8pm, at the Torrey Pines office.

BLUERIBBON COALITION LANDUSE UPDATE!

BLM Seeks Public Comment on the Las Vegas Resource Management Plan Revision & EIS

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Southern Nevada District, Las Vegas and Pahrump Field Offices, are seeking public comments to identify issues and concerns that should be analyzed in a revision of the Las Vegas Resource Management Plan Revision (RMP) and Environmental Impact Statement (EIS). The planning area encompasses approximately 3.1 million acres of public land located in located in Nye and Clark counties, in southern Nevada.

The public scoping period for the RMP revision began with the publication of the Notice of Intent in the Federal Register on January 5, 2010, and will last until February 28, 2010.

Scoping meetings will be held in the following locations:

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 - Las Vegas - BLM Las Vegas Field Office
4701 N. Torrey Pines Drive, Las Vegas, NV

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 - Henderson - Henderson Convention Center
200 South Water Street, Henderson, NV

Thursday, February 4, 2010 - Mesquite - Mesquite City Hall Council
Chambers - 10 E. Mesquite Blvd., Mesquite, NV

Monday, February 8, 2010 - Pahrump - Bob Rudd Community Center
150 S. Highway 160, Pahrump, NV

Tuesday, February 9, 2010 - Beatty - Beatty Community Center
100 A Avenue S, Beatty NV

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - Laughlin - Regional Government Center
101 Civic Way, Laughlin, NV

Thursday, February 11, 2010 - Overton - Overton Community Center
320 North Moapa Valley Blvd., Overton, NV

Each open house will begin at 5 p.m. and last until 8 p.m., with 10-minute informational presentations at 5, 6, and 7 p.m. The remainder of the meeting will follow an open house format, where participants can ask questions and visit various resource stations. Open houses will have several information stations that present information on key issues and the planning process. Attendees can learn about the RMP revision, ask questions, or provide written comments. A court reporter will be available to document oral comments, if individuals want to comment in that manner.

Comments may be submitted by mail or delivered to Bureau of Land Management, 4701 N. Torrey Pines Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89130, Attn: Carrie Ronning; faxed to 702-515-5023, Attn: Carrie Ronning; or emailed to carolyn_ronning@blm.gov. All comments must be received by the BLM Southern Nevada District Office by 4:30 p.m. February 28, 2010, in order to be formally analyzed and included in the Scoping Report.

For further information on the proposed project, any public meetings or to have your name added to the mailing list, contact Carrie Ronning, Telephone (702) 515-5143 or by e-mail carolyn_ronning@blm.gov You may also visit their website at http://www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/fo/lvfo.html

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact BRC.

Thanks in advance for your support,
Ric Foster
Public Lands Department Manager
BlueRibbon Coalition
208-237-1008 ext 107

Rubicon Bob
Club President
Rescue Ranger
NBMC / NBCC
03 Rubi/2017 Grand Cherokee
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:59 am 

OK whos in ?

I'll bring this up at the land cruisers meeting this tuesday at richardo's mexican at flamingo and decatur. 7:15 . 6:30 if you want to join us for dinner prior.

all welcome

timmer

ARB bumper, X9, IPFxsd900, DeMello sliders, AP rear plate bumper