Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:14 am 

Unclebuck&Wendy wrote:

Ah, that would put a SERIOUS crimp in Northern Nevada's honeypot of ducats available for Road Boondoggles around Carson City, wouldn't it?

Not really, a lot of our budget is centered around trying to fix the traffic nightmares around here.

Besides, they got all kinds of Northern Californians moving in up there to fund new roads. Family and friends in and around Reno want to give Washoe County to California, as they have the same issue there, only on half scale.

1978 IH Scout II Lifted, locked, blah,blah,blah.
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Her car.
1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:55 am 

Kevin & Wanda wrote:
I intend to contact them and make my opinion heard - INCLUDING THE FACT THAT THIS IS AN ELECTION YEAR.

Since few is any people working for BLM are up for election this, or any year, I don't think they will notice the threat. Your elected representatives might have noticed such a threat in years past, but they no longer work for you. They work for and only listen to lobbyists. Constituents are more likely a nuisance to them.

Quote:
Someone else brought up a good point - The reason they are trying to "preserve" these areas from damage is the increased traffic (because of the popularity of off-roading). As they close areas, the remaining areas will see even more increase useage, so this could turn into a snowball effect that closes all of the areas.

Yeah... we've used that argument regarding every area where trail closures are planned. They don't care about increased use on existing trails. That is a future problem for another year.

Quote:
While NVBR is not a politically minded group, my question would be is there a politicial action group in Las Vegas / Clark County that is?

Nevada United Offroad Association.

Ooops. Never mind. Nobody supported them, joined them or volunteered to help run it, so it disbanded two years ago.

There may be hope if the Southern Nevada Trail Fund ever gets off the ground, but like NUFWA, I see a future full of ennui and apathy.