Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:13 pm 

Federal grant $$$ for trail management

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get emails about grants that are available from the Federal government and I noticed this one, there are actually two identical grants available. Hopefully someone might be able to take advantage of this for OHV use.

Link

The synopsis for this grant opportunity is detailed below, following this paragraph. This synopsis contains all of the updates to this document that have been posted as of 01/16/2008 . If updates have been made to the opportunity synopsis, update information is provided below the synopsis.
If you would like to receive notifications of changes to the grant opportunity click send me change notification emails . The only thing you need to provide for this service is your email address. No other information is requested.

Any inconsistency between the original printed document and the disk or electronic document shall be resolved by giving precedence to the printed document.

Document Type: Grants Notice
Funding Opportunity Number: AZ-RFA08-0002
Opportunity Category: Discretionary
Posted Date: Jan 16, 2008
Creation Date: Jan 16, 2008
Original Closing Date for Applications: Feb 08, 2008
Current Closing Date for Applications: Feb 08, 2008
Archive Date: Mar 09, 2008
Funding Instrument Type: Cooperative Agreement

Category of Funding Activity: Environment

Category Explanation:
Expected Number of Awards: 5
Estimated Total Program Funding: $500,000
Award Ceiling: $300,000
Award Floor: $10,000
CFDA Number: 15.225 -- Recreation Resource Management
Cost Sharing or Matching Requirement: No

Eligible Applicants
Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"

Additional Information on Eligibility:

Agency Name
Bureau of Land Management
Description
A trail management program designed to support and foster coordinated trail development and maintenance programs involving public lands administered by the Bureau of Land Management. The program will provide opportunities for public or non-government organizations to assist with management of existing and planned trails, and implementing trail plans by other agencies and organizations. The program is aimed at providing opportunities for youth organizations to develop and practice leadership, team work, and trail design, planning, construction and maintenance skills while working on projects on public lands. The program will include activities such as conducting trail surveys and grade line design, completing necessary studies and evaluations, preparing project plans, building new trail, completing condition inspections of existing trails, and completing maintenance on existing trails, and installing or maintaining trail signs or markers, acquisition of easements or rights of ways where needed, and administering and coordinating program activities.

Link to Full Announcement
If you have difficulty accessing the full announcement electronically, please contact:
edward walsh
Grants Management Officer
Phone 602-417-9289 Agency Contact
Synopsis Modification History
There are currently no modifications for this opportunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:47 pm 

I just saw this.

I know they're closed now, but generally are these grants open to average Joe's like us, or do you need to be associated with a group, like ours, or something like UNLV?

I ask because we've been trying for years to get grant for the "green" aspects of our project (which only a few people here know about) and sent in many grant applications and nothing ever comes of it.

ɹǝʌo ǝɯ ןןoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:20 pm 

I think most of the grants are required to be given to a not for profit entity.
There may be a few that do not have this requirement, but very few.

But never hurts to ask for the money though.

Todd