Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:36 pm 

I did a search and didn't see this topic posted anywhere so if it has been posted I apologize.

If you've ever wheeled the Mecca of rock crawling or do so on a frequent bases, you need to get involved now! There is a proposed travel plan being looked at that will determine how recreation is permitted in the Moab area for the next 20+ years. IN many cases it is not good news in any shape or fashion. If you live in or near the Salt Lake Valley mark 3 October on your calendar for one massive run to wherever they will be holding the public meeting, if your not in the vicinity and want to make a difference please stay tuned and when the time comes ensure you send in your letters and such.

OK folks, here is by far the best info I can give you with minute to minute updates. Follow the link and thread that I have pasted. The document is out (over 800 pages), read it, digest it, then send some intelligent comments forward.

http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/sho ... hp?t=46316

There as well is a link that "scoutabout" (board member of the U4WDA) included that shows the public meetings to be held.

Furthermore, if you think that it doesn't concern you because it isn;t your backyard think again. If the eco-nazis can screw around with the Mecca they sure as hell can screw around with your backyard.

Most importantly sent this link to every cotton picking board that you are a member of or know of. We need to speak loud and clear with a thunderous voice to KEEP OUR TRAILS OPEN!!! If you don't send in a comment than you just became part of the problem by doing absolutely nothing.

What's your excuse!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:34 pm 

Paddler

Thanks for posting this.
I was about to, as I got it the other day.
I make the rounds posting info as I get it.

It is tough to stay on top of all the national stuff.

Like Paddler said, we need comments sent in on this one, and the Eldorado, that was just granted a 45 day extension for comments.

Thanks

Todd