Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:02 pm 

The first Saturday in June will be the annual Lincoln County Trails Day event, this year it will be taking place in historic Pioche, Nevada. There will be 2 ATV runs, 1 UTV (side by side) run, 2 hikes, a mountain bike event and a 4x4 trail ride. Afterward there will be a dinner prepared by the local Boy Scouts. I can tell you the 4x4 trail will be over the Mount Wilson Backcountry Byway, which is very stock friendly and can likely be done in a good high cleaance 2wd vehicle as long as there is no weather damage to the road before the event.

I'll be posting more info to follow, once we have the registration up and running online, as well as local accommodations.

1978 IH Scout II Lifted, locked, blah,blah,blah.
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Her car.
1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:01 pm 

Okay, after delay, thanks for the BLM no less, registration is up. Head over here: http://www.lincolncountynevada.com/TrailsDay.html

The events are free except for the mountain bike ride and the one hike that is in a state park. Dinner is $12, Dutch oven & BBQ preparred by the local Pioche Boy Scouts. Registration must be in and dinner paid for by May 24th to confirm a dinner, only a limited number of extra dinners will be available day of registration. Last minute/day of registration will be available, at the town park in Pioche. Long sleeve t-shirts are clearance priced at $5.00 each.

On the bottom left of the link they list lodging. Pioche has a few motels and RV parks (one free) and the next closest would be Caliente with more rooms and RV parks. Echo Canyon SP, then Cathedral SP and finally Spring Valley SP would be the closest state parks. There is a Silvar State Trail campground about 8 miles north of Pioche offering spaces big enough for RV's. It's primitive camping with shade and fire rings only. There's also a few million acres of free camping BLM land around for anyone looking to rough it.

If you vave any questions I can answer them most likely, email me at trailjunky at live dot com

1978 IH Scout II Lifted, locked, blah,blah,blah.
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Her car.
1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:17 pm 

Am I the only one going to this event? :lol: