Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:29 am 

The 29th Annual Hump N Bump will take place November 6th and 7th 2009.

LINK-http://www.vv4w.org/humpnbump.asp

Again this year we have reserved the County Fair grounds for camping
Raffle & Barbeque
A film company will out their filming all of us 4 wheeling for a new weekly show !

The Trails! Something for everyone
The following trails we will be running this year:

Arockalpse - Extreme trail with a gigantic boulder at the beginning. This trail is rated 4 and should not be attempted unless you have 35"+ tires, 2 lockers and do not care what you vehicle looks like!

Bowl Trail - Perfect trail for those with stock to lightly modified vehicles. The trail winds through the desert through some very scenic parts of the Logandale area. There are a few obsitcles for those of you adventurous types but all are optional. At the very end of the run you can really test your driving skills and attempt the S-TURN. Though it is optional we suggest lockers front and rear and there is a possibility for some body damage. Full size not recommended in the S-Turn and are guaranteed body damage.

Bronco Falls - A trail named after the one biggest obstacles in the trail, a huge vertical climb up a rock wall. Though it looks more intimidating then it is difficult a good set of tires and some low gears will get you to the top.

Hawkins Trail - Scenic trail that takes you through the mountains to the valley adjacent to the Logandale Valley. This is the connector trail for many other trails such as Matterhorn, Arockalypse and The Bowl trail. So if you’re looking for a scenic easier trail take the Hawkins Trail.

Matterhorn - Rated probably a 2 this trail is good for those slightly modified vehicles. Scenic ride through the Logandale hills to some mild obstacles. Great optional off camber climb just before a large climb that puts you back in the launch position.

Rock Bottom - This is a great trail for those looking for a challenge. Rated a 3+ this trail will test your rig. The entrance to the trail is a V notch that you tip toe through. From there you crawl some sand stone obstacles along the way until you end up in a canyon with 4 ways out. The easiest is rated a 2 or 3 the hardest put mosts on their roof! As the trail comes to an end you have two ways to exit the trail: the S turn near the end of the trail where your power steering, gearing and brake control abilities get a major workout or the waterfall which is pretty steep flat rock wall decent. After the trail have some fun at the sand dunes and back to base camp. Trail will take about half the day with a large group so bring snacks and plenty of water.

Shitter Trail - This trail will challenge the stock the vehicle but still have excitement for those modified rigs with some optional obstacles. This trail is also close to base camp and is famous for unofficial night runs. Rated about a 2-3 depending on the optional obstacles.

Bitter Springs -This trail starts out overlooking Lake Mead in the distance and heads west. You end up going through a few narrow canyons and then back onto a main dirt road. A popular lunch spot is near an old mine. There is a great very narrow canyon that provides great shade and a scenic opportunity to hike. After heading out you follow a wash down to the main road and out or continue to follow the wash all the way to the water. There is some great optional obstacles including a very narrow off camber trail next to a large hole that puts the pucker factor high.

Please note:
The Country Fair Grounds have 110 power / water / restrooms
to use this facility we need to add a RV fee.
$30.00 RV Fee for the weekend

No Fee for tent camping on the grass
No Parking on the grass
There is an area wide enough next to the grass and RV`s
that will be reserved for tent camping.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:27 am 

Thanks, Tammy. We're looking forward to it. Had a great time last year!

'08 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
4" ProComp Lift
35" BFG Mud-Terrains
Rampage Bumpers
10,000 lb. Smittybuilt Winch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:01 pm 

Cant wait. Signed up a few weeks ago. Camping at the fair grounds.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:10 am 

Every year Hump N Bump comes around we try to improve it from the previous years !

I am looking forward to meeting alot of new faces from all over the states...

Glad to see you all coming !

Tammy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:28 pm 

Is anyone from the Back Roaders leading runs this year?

We will not make it, as Panamint is the weekend following, and cash is low.

Todd & Larisa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:31 am 
Site Admin

We're not leading any of the runs this year. I did hear that there are a few people that might be going.

Rubicon Bob
Club President
Rescue Ranger
NBMC / NBCC
03 Rubi/2017 Grand Cherokee
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:40 am 

There will be VV4W and Total Karnage and Nevada Landcruisers and a group from Utah leading the trails. I will be leading the bowl trail friday in my H3 its a moderate trail with go arounds....and suppose to be leading Arockplse on saturday in the MOG but Joe broke his pinions, gears at Mogfest last weekend so we shall see...( beleive it)
We are able to run Bitter Springs this year too !

Lots of new people coming should be alot of fun !

Just heard yesterday another set tires these are BFG tires for the raffle from Del Albright you pick your size/model woo hoo ! there will be winches etc too ! ( to many things to list)

At your Leisure will be filiming again ... (BOB) lol ......along with Krawler Nation ( looking for women drivers to film) and the 4x mags taking pics of the event.

Friday night band and demos from our sponsors Super Chips etc...
Barbeque and great raffle on saturday...!

Oh and I found a real MAN at MOGFEST....lol

http://www.vv4w.org/core/modimg.asp?src ... &width=525[url][/url]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:52 am 

There are lots of Backroaders involved in the Hump & Bump however it seems that the club is not participating in an official capacity.

Wanda and I will be leading the Matterhorn on Saturday. This is a great trail for a capable stock or slightly modified rig - with go arounds for all of the obsticles that you don't want to try as well as several obsticles to challenge a lifted/locked rig as well. Time permitting, we might also do a go around of the Bowl as well but we want to make sure that we are back to camp in time for the BBQ & Raffle. :D

Wanda's working on Friday so it will just be Bodie and I - not sure which trial I'll be on - I'm a floating alternate for that day.... :shock: (hopefully Joe get the MOG fixed - I don't need to try Arockplse :!: )

The BBQ & Raffle is worth the trip themselves even if you can't get there to hit the trail. (I hear that there are 3 sets of tires....)

Hope to see everyone there. It's gonna be a great time and for a good cause.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:50 pm 

im going to try and run shitter and rock bottom in my JK. should be fun!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:08 pm 

If I'm not needed to lead a trail on Friday I'm planning on running the shitter trail. I've run the bowl before and it is a blast - just remember - stay on top of the V notch 8)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:24 am 

Just a week! Also think Stacie Albright still has a HnB registration she is giving away on her FaceBook page http://www.facebook.com/1LadyRed

Graduate of Del Albright's RLTC course
Just Good Trails - Trail Boss
Tread Lightly - Tread Trainer