Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:19 pm 

John and Chris wrote:
Gary, we are very sorry, but going to have to back out on this run. Something has come up and we are not able to attend. Sounds like a very fun weekend and we will be missing out. Thanks for the offer to park there. Hope everyone takes lots of pictures and posts them.
John and Chris

Okay, but I'm not refunding your $20 deposit :P

Next year they are thinking of returning it to Pioche. Which means a lot more ghost towns/mines/ruins closer by. IF they do, I have a run already planned that would take us into Utah and some really neat places :wink:

1978 IH Scout II Lifted, locked, blah,blah,blah.
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Her car.
1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:28 pm 

Looks like the weather is going to be really nice for this weekend's events. A little chilly (upper 50's) in the morning but warming up into the low 90's during the day. That's top off weather. Heck, I had the top off in Moab and in the morning it was in the 40's but it warmed up nicely when the sun came out.

I'll be heading up Friday night, no definite time yet. You'll be at the house at what time Gary????

I'll bring my tent just in case I decide to camp out, but the floor will be just fine right by the fireplace like last time. :wink:

Post subject: Overland
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:41 pm 

We will be at the Overland....They still have rooms....cool little Hotel.

Gary, this sounds like a great run that you are leading. This will be Saturday Morning. Right?
Saturday Morning I am meeting my friend who is registering us at the Train Station in Caliente. She is the admistrator for Partners in Conservation. Very cool Gal....

Bobalui 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:35 pm 

JeepinJoe02 wrote:

I'll be heading up Friday night, no definite time yet. You'll be at the house at what time Gary????

I'll bring my tent just in case I decide to camp out, but the floor will be just fine right by the fireplace like last time. :wink:

I'm leaving early Friday or late Thursday depending on my doctor. After I go to pre-registration Friday, I'm doing a last minute run of the trail to check it over, so I should be back in by 5PM Friday at the latest. Call me when you're leaving and I'll either make sure I wait up or keep the light on for you 702-496-3358.

As far as I know, you and maybe Al are the only ones staying with me, so there's plenty of room inside.

Do you directions or do you still have the GPS coordinates?

1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4

Post subject: Re: Overland
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:40 pm 

Bobalui wrote:
We will be at the Overland....They still have rooms....cool little Hotel.

Gary, this sounds like a great run that you are leading. This will be Saturday Morning. Right?
Saturday Morning I am meeting my friend who is registering us at the Train Station in Caliente. She is the admistrator for Partners in Conservation. Very cool Gal....

Bobalui 8)

Saturday morning, meeting at 8:30 am and roll by 9 am from the Depot. The trail head is just at the edge of town heading north toward Pioche. Registration starts at 7:30 am. Looks like we might have a small group unless we get a lot of late comers, which is fine, we can waste more time taking pics.

1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:47 pm 

BTW in case anyone was wondering, you can still register the day of the event. From my last meeting, they decided the whole deadline thing was misinterpreted, and will be altered for next year.

Also- for anyone attending, a breakfast Saturday morning 6:30 - 7 am at Rose Park in Caliente is being put on by the Caliente Volunteer Firemen. There is no paid fire dept. in Lincoln, so all the proceeds go right back into the local dept. IIRC it's something like $7 per plate. Good food and a good cause.

1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:54 pm 

GaryB wrote:
JeepinJoe02 wrote:

I'm leaving early Friday or late Thursday depending on my doctor. After I go to pre-registration Friday, I'm doing a last minute run of the trail to check it over, so I should be back in by 5PM Friday at the latest. Call me when you're leaving and I'll either make sure I wait up or keep the light on for you 702-496-3358.

As far as I know, you and maybe Al are the only ones staying with me, so there's plenty of room inside.

Do you directions or do you still have the GPS coordinates?

Cool, if I leave by 5 pm, I should be up there around 7:30-8:00 pm I'm guessing. Unless I come up by myself, I may leave a little earlier. I have not heard from Al as of this time, but I'm sure I'll find out something or he'll post up here as soon as he can.

I still have the GPS coordinates so I should be fine.

Post subject: GREAT RUN
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:36 pm 

Gary.....
Great job leading the trail, very informative, Lincon County is what roading is all about. Vicki and I love to come up and support your wonderful little HOME TOWN. We would both like to thank GARY, KAREN, RON, MARY and JOE the Back Door Man as well as the DBRs for showing us a really great time. Oh" the dogs say thanks also.

See ya all soon, 8)
Bobalui, Vicki, Khan the wonder dog, and Chico.