Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Got my xj !!!
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:08 pm 

So I picked up a 96 xj and me and a buddy are building the lift from scratch. So far I have the 4.5 inch coils and springs and plan on cutting fenders. I will be running 33s and building a long arm kit. I just finished ordering the fab parts from rustys and ballistic fab and we already have all the dom steel for the arms and the drop pit arm. After the kit is done I will be doing sye and and the rear axle swat to the ford 8.8 from a explorer and the brake upgrade using wj parts. I will be also doing lockers front and rear. and custom bumpers and sliders and we also have the steel already for those. I have been planning this for over 3 months and saving for longer and now its time to roll in the grease !!!!!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Got my xj !!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:36 pm 

Ok so this weekend we did the lift and built the control arms. Turned out great. Need to see how much the rear settles to see if I need a spacer up front to level it out. Next is a sye and Tc drop.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:33 am 

Been a while since updated. I did a sye got tires and rims and bumpers. Also just finished my custom y arm build ( just want to throw in that all this was done with the help of a friend I'm not that skilled yet nor do I have a good enough welder).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:13 am 

Looking good. Teraflex used to make a "grand up" lift for the XJ that converted the rear from leaf to coils. Just an idea for a future mod ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:16 pm 

Well yesterday on my way to hit some trails my tranny went out. :cry: any recommendations on a good shop for a rebuild would be great.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:54 pm 

#702-735-2714 Billy or Tom Royal Trani , good shop been in biz forever. They stand behind their work. That's who we have rebuild ours.