Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Little Help?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:29 am 

Please remember us for next Build Party. I have a couple of things to add to the ZJ. The one which, right now, requires some outside assistance is mounting a Front Hitch Receiver.

It's claimed to be a "no drilling" affair, mounting to existing frame (sic) holes in the front. It's exactly the same job as putting Front Tow Hooks on, from what I can gather from the diagram.

UPS hasn't dropped this monster on the front stoop yet, but, if the Paiutes don't rob the truck outside Needles I expect it directly.

Only thing that looks tricky, other than jacking the B*****d up, is popping the bumper cover off without ruining it.

I am ashamed to need assistance with this, but I am so decripit that I'll be winded after jacking the truck up alone.

Also, if I drop it on myself, Wendy wouldn't be able to jack it up unassisted, leaving 300 LB of sub-Prime USDA Cracker in the drive for the paramedics to scrape up...

Gettin' Old Ain't fer Sissies!

Post subject: work parties
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:37 am 
Trail Boss

All work parties are open to all. the next work party has not been scheduled ss of yet because I have so many projects going, will try to have one sometime in May, and mid July to prepare for Ely, you are welcome to join in the fun at any of the work parties.

ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:25 pm 

There are a couple little tricks to pulling the bumper cover off. The front grill has to be removed to access the top screws and the wheel well guards are connected with those plastic panel connectors. Then the top has to be lifted up a bit to clear the retainers - then it will allow you to pull it off.
If you have wheeled it hard enough then it should just about be hanging off like mine. My tires rub it at full lock, so I trimmed it down a bit. I think I am going it buy a new one along with fender flares from http://www.icelandoffroad.com/ since I haven't sold it. Want to run 35's without much more lift. Thinking about putting a long arm kit on it also, but that is $1800 alone. :shock:

I think Michelle and Dennis can help with taking that bumper off :lol: I think they got their bumper to come off very easy. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:19 pm 

Thanks. I knew there was some sort of MoPar Mickey-Mouse on the platic rivets.

I pulled the grille off the other day to see if there was room for a REALLY, REALL, REALLY, REALLY LOUD HORN since "white" appears to get lost in the background and managed to get it back on without using a hammer bigger than 8 LB or going to the ER.

BTW, I have wheeled in Iceland, in 1994. NAS Keflavik to the Arctic Circle, stopping at many small creeks to fish for Salmon on light tackle.

The ride was a Diesel K-5 Blazer (ex-USN) and the whole way was on Power Line Roads. Just like Florida, except for the lack of vegetation and Reservation Smoke Shops.

Man, those dudes are nuts!

Got 'em some cute sisters and cousins, too.

Post subject: You CAn Kill This Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:26 am 

MODERATOR:

Problem solved. Thread served its purpose. Can be sent to the Bit Bucket.

Buck