Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hiya all
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:20 pm 

Disabled Vet. Enjoy 4 wheeling but just recently got another WJ after being jeepless for several years.

right now my 2000 is stock. I'm looking to get the front tow hooks and some skid plates before I go on a run with you all. I noticed a lot of the areas I used to go play in are closed now around Las Vegas.

So me. Medically Discharged under Honorable conditions from the US Army in 2006. Currently work for Fry's Electronics but am looking for a job where I can work on computers as I am a nut and build my own. I've got 2 servers and 2 gaming systems in my office (3 are mounted in my rack but need another rackmount case for the last one).

My Jeep. 2000 WJ (Grand Cherokee) Sienna in color. Currently stock. I am looking for a used D30 front axle with 3.73 gears as the previous owner didn't put fluids in the front of this one and while the bearings haven't given out yet they are noisy. So I'm going to keep it and build it up for when I get a lift. Plan on doing the tube inserts, truss, ARB, upgraded shafts with CV joints, and a little higher gears for when I go up to 33's. Once I get the money for a used D44 in good condition again with 3.73's I'll swap it out as well and keep my old one to get it fixed up.

I do like working on the jeep and enjoy helping others. I just don't have the tools anymore and I do need to take breaks off and on due to my back. But if anyone needs an extra set of hands let me know.

Post subject: Re: Hiya all
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:35 pm 

As a WJ owner myself, welcome to the Backroaders. Hope to see you on the trails soon. I don't get out as often as I use to, but after I get a third row seat set up in the back of my WJ, and my youngest boy get a bit older, I'm sure the whole fam damily will be out in the dirt once again.

As a side note, I have a rear hook if you're interested, bracket and hook. That is unless you have a factory reciever in which case it won't work. And 3 of the factory Silver Blade #1 wheels if you're looking for a matching spare, if that's the wheel that's on your WJ.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:36 pm 

JeepinJoe02 wrote:
As a WJ owner myself, welcome to the Backroaders. Hope to see you on the trails soon. I don't get out as often as I use to, but after I get a third row seat set up in the back of my WJ, and my youngest boy get a bit older, I'm sure the whole fam damily will be out in the dirt once again.

As a side note, I have a rear hook if you're interested, bracket and hook. That is unless you have a factory reciever in which case it won't work. And 3 of the factory Silver Blade #1 wheels if you're looking for a matching spare, if that's the wheel that's on your WJ.

I appreciate it. I have a matching spare though and a factor receiver hitch. Been trying to find those front tow hooks and guess they are discontinued now. So I may have to wait until I can pick up my protofab front bumper.

How old is your son? First time I took my son out he was about 8-9 months. But the car seat we had at the time had bolstering on the sides that kept him nice and snug.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:12 pm 

Hawk2000WJ wrote:
JeepinJoe02 wrote:

I appreciate it. I have a matching spare though and a factor receiver hitch. Been trying to find those front tow hooks and guess they are discontinued now. So I may have to wait until I can pick up my protofab front bumper.

How old is your son? First time I took my son out he was about 8-9 months. But the car seat we had at the time had bolstering on the sides that kept him nice and snug.

My youngest just turned 3 months. We have a really good seat for him with the bolstering like you said, but we fear the shaken baby syndrome at this stage so we'll wait. My 2 year old loves wheelin' and I can't wait to get him out in my TJ as soon as I find the back seat brackets and get the back seat in so I can safely strap him and his carseat in there.

Bummer on the front hooks. If you haven't found it yet, the North American Grand Cherokee Association forums is a great place for info and such, for Grand Cherokee owners. I found this http://www.nagca.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49274 that was posted in Sept. He might still have them if you want to contact him.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:00 pm 

Thanks for the info!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:54 pm 

Greetings!
We are back in Nevada and very happy to be here. We would love to do Gold Butte again if the club will be doing that run again in the near future. Looking to make contact with Brad and Bob and hope to meet old and new friends on the dirt trails. The log in should be Jeepin'old ladies:)
G

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:32 pm 
Site Admin

Jeepgirl wrote:
Greetings!
We are back in Nevada and very happy to be here. We would love to do Gold Butte again if the club will be doing that run again in the near future. Looking to make contact with Brad and Bob and hope to meet old and new friends on the dirt trails. The log in should be Jeepin'old ladies:)
G

Hi Glenna, Welcome back. It has been a long time.
Shirley and I are planning to be at the March run, if you are able to make it. If you are looking for Brad, you will have to travel a long way. He has relocated to Texas a while back to be near his son. :shock:

BTW. if you want your login to say Jeepin'old ladies. I can do that for you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rubicon Bob
Club President
Rescue Ranger
NBMC / NBCC
03 Rubi/2017 Grand Cherokee
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition